LR3 SE Suspension noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

mpn1

Have the SE model - 700 miles, and so far doesn't seem to have any big service issues - i think - except maybe:

When unlocking the car, I can hear an escaping of air from the suspension, although it doesnt seem to lower, is this automatic, or an error with my vehicle. It also sometimes does it when exiting the car, and after the follow u home lights turn off - 30 sec. Does anyone know about that?

Also, was drive down a city street hill, and the car engine cut off. There were no faults showing on the dash, and the car started up again immediately, however, it did bring up the reliablity issues on my radar screen. I have put 300 more miles on it since then, with no other problems. Anyone else had this problem?

Does anyone know anything about these two items?

Thanks

madtownrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The escaping air is just the release of air from the compressor used to fill the shocks. It unnerved me as well, but makes sense. In some cases, the height does adjust slightly as part of the self-leveling aspect of the suspension.

T

tkcomp

I would take the vehicle to the dealer. Having the vehicle turn off while you go down hill is a little scarey. Worst case scenario have them hook the vehicle up to the computer and run a diagnostic.
Just my 02 cents.

Tom

S

simonharper

Funny thing is that if you lock the car and try and open the tailgate (ie press the release catch a couple of times) you get some suspension hissing. Like you woke her up or something.

I think you need to leave the car for a bit to go into sleep mode with the electronics. Doesn't happen with all doors - just tailgate release.

Not very useful bit of info - just a quirky observation.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112