LR3 suspension problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

mwillems

Oh dear - my LR3 just developed a fault.

First, when I was parking and lowering the car, it reported "Suspension in extended mode: raise when clear of obstacle". There was of course no obstacle. Shrug. I set it back to normal height and all seemed OK.

Later, after I was on my way home., the car suddenly beeped and told me "SUSPENSION ERROR, MAX 30 MPH" (Miles? My car is all set to metric!). I reset the car by removing the key, restarted, and it raised.

Arriving home I tried to lower it, and the first symptom happened again.

So, off to the dealer tomorrow.

Michael

M

mwillems

The suspension has now completely died: "Suspension Fault - Max 30 mph", and no height mode LEDs at all. Plus the car sits at sort of a funny angle. Driving it, there is no damping at all: it's like driving a rollercoaster.

The garage auto-emailed me a message that the heaed technician is out until Wednesday. We will see tomorrow.

S

simonharper

Mike,

I had this within days of picking up my D3. Took the dealer 3 days to fix.

Apparently the connection into the suspension ECU was loose. Have them check this first.

-s

M

mwillems

Simon,

It's at the dealer's now.

The tech said he reckoned all the error memories (many!) will prompt LR USA to say "just clear them and wait until it happens again - maybe then we will know /which/ connector or ECU is causing the problem". I stressed the importance of not being an experiment - we'll see.

Michael

PS my dealer wanted a credit card for a rental. I got them to waive the $25 a day charge but not the credit card. "Those are the rules Mr Budd, the owner, has set; and those are the rules you must obey". Last car I will ever buy there. Maybe 13 BMW's and Mercedes's spoiled me...

S

simonharper

you must get them to at least re-seat the ECU connector ! This is what happened to me. Dealer reset everything... Ok for a day then **** the chiming monster returned.

After two days and send data to LR they pinpointed the ECU connector as the system was showing 'all circuits open'.

My local dealer just copies my drivers license and away I go in a car... sounds like your Mr Budd is not much of a customer focused kinda guy ??

-s

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local dealer just gives me an off-the-lot, for sale, loaner - no cards, copies, or anything. Not trying to rub it in, just thought you would like to know that there are dealers out there that have great service and policies...

M

mwillems

Not Budds in Oakville, Ontario. I was taken aback by all this... reassuring to know that some are better. I did not think I was asking for too much.. "these are the rules Mr Budd has set and these are the rul;es we will follow".. sounded like I was back in kindergarten, which after paying C$80k is a bit much.

Instead I was expecting apologies all over for having a new car break down on me.

PS oh and the loaner is a Saturn!! I can't even take it to my cottage (deep snow, unpaved roads)

M

mwillems

Got my car back!

I have heard many stories as to what they did: reseated sensor connectors is what the service log says. It does NOT mention the ECU connector even though I asked. The reports says:

"CHECK AIR SUSPENSION FAULT THAT HAPPENED ON THE WEEKEND BUT OK RIGHT NOW. HOOK UP WDS AND GOT FAULT CODES. PUT DTC REPORTS ATTACHED TO WORK ORDER. CALLED HELPLINE., HELPLINE SAID TO REMOVE ALL CONNECTORS AT HEIGHT SESNORS CHECK FOR CORRISION OR WATER INGRESS MADE SURE SURGE SENSOR MOVE FREELY CLEARED CODES AND RECALIBRATED SYSTEM. REMOVED ALL 4 HEIGHT SESNORS AND CHECKED FOR CORRISION. CHECK OK ROAD TESTED OK."

So nothing actually found - we'll see how it behaves and whether it happens again -hopefully not.

Michael

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112