LR4 2015 - replacing front brake sensor cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up cutting mine and terminating - shorting it out - so now I have no brake sensors on my 2016 LR4. I rotate the wheels every 10,000 kms (5,000 miles) and do a visual check of the brakes etc. Visual has worked for me for 40+ years and don't need a sensor to do it for me. These 'cool gadgets' are good for owners living in close proximity to a LR dealer or LR workshop - not in rural Australia - we like 'function over form'

Note - checked first with LR to clarify that sensors do not form part of the warranty!

Welcome to the group!

The fact that these vehicles chew through pads, the $13 sensor is worth its cost for me. The first time I replaced the pads and sensor I was tempted to do what you did, but now I just suck it up. I still do visuals but sometimes life gets busy and its nice to know there is backup.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just change my pads before my sensors have a chance to go off, and therefore just keep reusing my sensors.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sensors got brittle so now I have just gotten rid of the front one. My wheels are swapped every 4-6 months and it is not hard to have a peak with the wheels on either. I'll put the saved cost towards some beers.

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change pads every 15K (lots of city driving) miles or so and the sensor will not break until it gets brittle. I found it easier to just reconnect the two little wires and zip tied it back and out of the way.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut