LR4 Door Cupholders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello world, I am a new Land Rover owner, first one. Love the LR4, it is a beast. Also drove at the LR driving school at Ashville, NC, amazed at the prowess and looking forward to doing it again.

The only bothersome bit is the square "drink" holder on the front doors. Has anyone seen an insert that could be inserted to hold round drink bottles? I am thinking about making one out of foam so the water bottles don't bang around.
Otherwise, the vehicle has gone on multiple long trips with family and is awesome, 4,500 miles of zero problems, great drive.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello world, I am a new Land Rover owner, first one. Love the LR4, it is a beast. Also drove at the LR driving school at Ashville, NC, amazed at the prowess and looking forward to doing it again.

The only bothersome bit is the square "drink" holder on the front doors. Has anyone seen an insert that could be inserted to hold round drink bottles? I am thinking about making one out of foam so the water bottles don't bang around.
Otherwise, the vehicle has gone on multiple long trips with family and is awesome, 4,500 miles of zero problems, great drive.
I don't like the square cub holes as well. I am sure someone is going to explain them. Glad you love the vehicle.

goblue95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find those large holders are good for larger cups/bottles, such as the wider Gatorade bottles. I once purchased something called an "octopus" cupholder for an older car that had no cupholder - works great and something like that might fit in that space (you can cut down the edges if needed to make it fit). Also, be careful closing the doors (particularly with kids in the rear), seems like toes could get stuck under those cupholders since they protrude into the cabin a bit...

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, found the octopus on Amazon, but its 5"x6"x4", kind of big for the space that is 4"x4.5". I bought an exercise foam roller from ebay, 6" diameter by 12" long. That way I can make a few "prototypes", cut to fit the rectangle first, then core the center for the 32oz bottles we use and refill. maybe some double sided foam tape will also hold it in place in addition to friction. Will post anything here once I am done with it. Maybe patent and sell them later!

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That upholder fits coconut water square beverages perfectly...

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember an early LR3 print ad showing a lady taking a bottle of wine or champagne out of the front door holder. I wish I had the picture.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, found the octopus on Amazon, but its 5"x6"x4", kind of big for the space that is 4"x4.5". I bought an exercise foam roller from ebay, 6" diameter by 12" long. That way I can make a few "prototypes", cut to fit the rectangle first, then core the center for the 32oz bottles we use and refill. maybe some double sided foam tape will also hold it in place in addition to friction. Will post anything here once I am done with it. Maybe patent and sell them later!
Please let us know how that project turns out. Seems like a great idea!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM