LR4 Halogen Bulb Upgrading - Highly Recommended

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
see that little gap between the low beam and the amber colored light? That is what I am talking about.

I'll be damned!!!! Looks like they DID NOT put them in the 2011 models. ***!!!! Very strange!!! I thought tim's was a 2011 though!

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. In fact there looks like there is a "bulb" in there but apparently it is just a plug to fill in the hole.

starrover

Reaction score
Just checked and my 2011 doesn't have the side markers either. I turned the dial to all settings, doesn't come on in any of them. There is something in there that looks like a little silver ball where the bulb should be.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. In fact there looks like there is a "bulb" in there but apparently it is just a plug to fill in the hole.
How stupid is that??? I really had no idea! Does this hole work - can we put a bulb into it?

Hmmm.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked and my 2011 doesn't have the side markers either. I turned the dial to all settings, doesn't come on in any of them. There is something in there that looks like a little silver ball where the bulb should be.

Whew! At least I'm not crazy. There is a receptacle there. I just wonder if there is any power running to it?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whew! At least I'm not crazy. There is a receptacle there. I just wonder if there is any power running to it?
Hey LRNewbie11,

That's a great question.... is there power to it? Has anyone done the upgrade with the 2011 and this fake bulb?

tim-in-ca

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be damned!!!! Looks like they DID NOT put them in the 2011 models. ***!!!! Very strange!!! I thought tim's was a 2011 though!

Mine is a 2010. From the picture you have the led accent lights that for 2010 only came with LUX. Mines an HSE only.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mystery solved then. So let's recap... 2010 = LED side markers AND iPod cable. 2011 = Suck on it!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 2010. From the picture you have the led accent lights that for 2010 only came with LUX. Mines an HSE only.
Hey Tim,

That now makes sense to me! I had wondered why the pictures you and baobay posted never had the LED accent lights around the highbeam lit? It was because the 2010 model that option was part of the Lux package, where now it's standard on the 2011.

So, now I get why they eliminated the side light that the 2011 owners have a dummy plug bulb in the socket. Now, the big question..... Does that side light actually have juice going to it!!!!

LRnewbie11 and other 2011 owners..... I am planning to try to install the LED light tonight or tomorrow so I will let you know if it works or if that's just a dummy hole with no juice.

If anyone with a 2011 gets to it first , please let us know!

Wow... This is complicated! ;-)

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4