LR4 Pre-purchase tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Land Rover did have an issue with water pumps but the TSB only covers 2010-2012. It apparently was redesigned. Not sure a water pump failure is catastrophic, unless the owner doesn't pay attention to warning lights and the smell of anti-freeze and simply drives it until it overheats. Water pump issues are usually slow leaks.

I don't think it is limited to 2010-2012. My 2013 was covered under TSB / warranty just 2 months ago.

jpjp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check to see if the water pump is leaking. Already replaced it once on both our 2013's. Check the front suspension for wear, especially the lower control arm bushings and stabilizer bar bushings.

Check the brakes - I doubt they are original but you never know. Just replaced my fronts for the first time at 55K miles.

If the battery is original, that is probably on the way out as well.

Wow, you got 55K miles on brakes??? That's amazing on these trucks. I've been getting 15-20K miles...

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im still on original fronts at like ~53k. Will probably change them this summer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4