LR4 suddenly won't start/crank. Even with fully charged battery and/or jump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElChuco

Reaction score
I'm guessing you still need to depress the brake pedal at the same time?

Is this 'trick' in the owners manual or workshop manual?

I'm kind of having a similar issue at the moment but I am getting an audible 'click' when pressing the start button. Replaced the battery with a new H8 AGM unit which must have been on the shelf for a little while as was at 12.4v. LR wouldn't start so gave her a jump and after a couple of attempts she fired up. Just took her for a good drive to get the new battery charged up and just leaving her be for a little while.

Stupid question number one - Does the drivers door need to be closed to start? Reason I ask is that when I was jump starting she would only 'click', I then closed the drivers door and voila she kicked over!?

Sorry to hijack the post but similar theme.

Parker Freeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey now! This is starting to happen to my 2013 LR4. Can someone point me to the SM relay location. And ElChuco, did you happen to locate the page in the owner's maual for the gas/brake/start button maneuver?

Thanks in advance!

Jasevo3rs

Reaction score
The SM relay is located in the right hand side fuse/relay box under the bonnet. Relay number 18.
By the way my problem ended up being the actual starter motor. Have since replaced it (not too hard a job to DIY) and problem solved.

Parker Freeland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After charging my battery all night long this morning it showed 10 volts. I installed an AGM H8 battery and made the changes with my Gap tool . Fingers crossed!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV