LR4 Suspension over the bumps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wthammett

Reaction score
Hi all,
Had my 2012 LR4 3.0 SDV6HSE for about a year now. It’s only done 59,000, but I’ve had to renew front wishbones, and new steering rack and pump, plus all new pipe work and reservoir. + New tyres all round.
But, I still find the truck isn’t smooth over bumps, like small potholes or rail lines. Haven’t driven another LR4 for years so nothing to compare, but wondered just how smooth it should be? Have bought new front drop links and antiroll bar bushes, not fitted yet , but I do feel it not right. Can anyone help? Cheers

Interesting as this is the opposite of my experience in my 2011 5.0 HSE - except the part about lower control arms or front wishbones as you call them. With 180,000 miles I've changed them twice already. I'm still rolling the OE wheels and tire size and honestly, she still rides great. I have a heavy but smooth ride, and I think it absorbs bumps and like in the road adequately. That said it could always be 'better' I suppose and lets remember your expectations and mine could be wildly different but overall I have no complaints about the suspension system in the LR4.

Albielab

Reaction score
thanks again folks for your thoughts. I haven't had time to do drop links or or roll bar bushes. but it does seem these Discovery 4/LR4's are usually very smooth over the bumps, which to be fair I was expecting. I think the longer I have this beautiful machines the more "picky" I get lol.
So Ill start with a four wheel alignment, never a bad thing, and indy who fitted steering rack is prepared to check it FOC. They will also test drive, and try to establish any fault. Dangerous ground this cos they have been known to find fault!!!! Cynical I know, but I've been there.
Cant get it done till this Virus is under some sort of control. Stay safe and well people and Ill let you know how it goes.....
Ps feel bumps through floor more than steering wheel...Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72