LR4 windshield replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fuji4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most if not all dealers do not handle their own glass replacements but simply sub it to a third party. What you will get a dealer hopefully is new garnish clips, cowl (if needed) and some experience (hopefully) with the model by the installer. In my experience (and we replace a lot of glass up here) the job quality comes down the installer. The "best" performing glass i have had (longevity, distortion and rain sensor) was a cheap "Benson" replacement. That being said I would lean towards Fayao or Pilkington simply because I know they are manufactured in North America.
Yeah I was told by LR Pasadena and Safelite Pasadena that these dealers do not do glass. So whether you get it done at LR or safelite it’s always the same people doing it. I got a fuyao replacement heated. No issues. He used new clips. Did it mobile. Fuyao is the replacement glass for pretty much all oems. There is a doc on netflix about then that’s interesting.
Personally I think it just comes down to the installer.

thingsm3

Reaction score
Your timing is just like mine! Looking for my lr4 2015 windshield to be replaced due to highway rock. Geico is my insurance.

as an aside anyone have experience with safelite and mobile service? The mobile service is better for my schedule and timing but do we think in the shop would have a better outcome?

SkyTree

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your timing is just like mine! Looking for my lr4 2015 windshield to be replaced due to highway rock. Geico is my insurance.

as an aside anyone have experience with safelite and mobile service? The mobile service is better for my schedule and timing but do we think in the shop would have a better outcome?
You should read my post above about our experience with Safelite. Haha.

Our experience is... Safelite is a good general windshield repair/replacement company, and I would imagine they do just fine on 90% of jobs they undertake.

That being said, Land Rovers are not super common, general vehicles in many areas, and less common vehicles mean less experience for general installers like Safelite techs.

I would recommend calling and asking your closest LR dealer the name of who they use for windshields. More than likely it will be a 3rd party person who has lots of Land Rover experience. They may well tell you that they have Safelite do their windshields (not likely, but possible), which would indicate that in your area, Safelite has a tech or two that's experienced in replacing Land Rover windshields.

Needless to say, an improperly installed windshield can create a LOT of problems in a hurry (water/moisture buildup behind the dash, leaks at the seals, sensor functions not working properly, cheap glass clarity/glare, etc).

tl;dr - confirm that whoever is doing your Landy windshield is experienced and really knows what they are doing.
If not, call someone else. [emoji361][emoji592][emoji1783]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I requested someone with LR experience from Safelight and got one! I always go mobile to avoid dings. He brought aftermarket A pillar clips so I had to replace them with OEM for a snug fit. Safelight got the glass from LR. Great quality.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside of the goofy LR garnish clips what makes the windshield replacement in a Land Rover any different than anything else on the road?

thingsm3

Reaction score
Great advice! I called the local Land Rover dealership just before you posted and they said they use safelite. I’ll go with them and mobile service but I’ll call ahead and make sure that they send someone with experience with a lr4. Also I should ask if they have clips or bringing any...

I think I’m going to go with oem. Any thoughts from the group?

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will be fine, it's just a windshield. Use nothing but NEW LR clips.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here on needing insight. I am loathe to replace the windshield but have a gnarly crack just left of the rear view mirror from the top down that is about 10 inches. I had it fixed very nicely when it was about 8" long. Shockingly it was barely noticeable. Then, my wife ran it through a car wash that we don't normally use and the wheels are the dryer were apparently heavier than our normal wash and, well it's a 10" crack now that's really visible.

We alway carry high deductible on our cars, so I think we are $2000k on the LR4 and $2500 on the Super Duty. So, the windshields are on us.

So, I haven't read much on this thread about price b/c it looks like everyone but me is on insurance. Good insights though. Thanks

Troy A

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here on needing insight. I am loathe to replace the windshield but have a gnarly crack just left of the rear view mirror from the top down that is about 10 inches. I had it fixed very nicely when it was about 8" long. Shockingly it was barely noticeable. Then, my wife ran it through a car wash that we don't normally use and the wheels are the dryer were apparently heavier than our normal wash and, well it's a 10" crack now that's really visible.

We alway carry high deductible on our cars, so I think we are $2000k on the LR4 and $2500 on the Super Duty. So, the windshields are on us.

So, I haven't read much on this thread about price b/c it looks like everyone but me is on insurance. Good insights though. Thanks
[mention]Davidinseattle [/mention] yeah at the end of the day, it's between $350-$1700 depending on how cheap you go on the glass source and the installer quality. Crazy range. I haven't seen my final bill (which AAA is covering 100% thankfully) but am expecting it will be $1000 all in with the non-LR logo Pilkington glass + install time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score

$700ish when Safelite did mine

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA