LR4 Xenon + LED signature lights

Discussion in 'LR4' started by Webecinya, Apr 6, 2019.

1. mklinker

mklinker Full Access Member

@ryanjl You're always so good about responding, I appreciate it! Last question before I go buying these things... it seems like you can install xenon AFS headlight assemblies into a LR4 that started out life with halogens. Do you agree? I assume the AFS would not work, but would they work the same as non-AFS headlights? The non-AFS are harder to find...

I have a GAP tool to change over the configuration.

2. ryanjl

ryanjl Full Access Member

The running story was always that AFS housings wouldn't work in the non-AFS vehicle, but someone on here stated recently that they bought one and they work fine (just not the AFS part).

All I know personally is that my LR4 came with halogens but I dropped in non-AFS xenon housings about a year ago. They work great (they worked fine before I changed the setting using the GAP tool, too, but I changed the setting nonetheless as to not overload something somewhere).

3. mklinker

mklinker Full Access Member

Well I now have an adaptive xenon headlight in my right, and a non-adaptive on my left. They both work after I updated my cars CCF.

I think the left beam is aimed way too high (need to go adjust it...), but I see a halo projection on the ground, I think making it look brighter.