LR4 Xenon + LED signature lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mklinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@ryanjl You're always so good about responding, I appreciate it! Last question before I go buying these things... it seems like you can install xenon AFS headlight assemblies into a LR4 that started out life with halogens. Do you agree? I assume the AFS would not work, but would they work the same as non-AFS headlights? The non-AFS are harder to find...

I have a GAP tool to change over the configuration.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The running story was always that AFS housings wouldn't work in the non-AFS vehicle, but someone on here stated recently that they bought one and they work fine (just not the AFS part).

All I know personally is that my LR4 came with halogens but I dropped in non-AFS xenon housings about a year ago. They work great (they worked fine before I changed the setting using the GAP tool, too, but I changed the setting nonetheless as to not overload something somewhere).

mklinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The running story was always that AFS housings wouldn't work in the non-AFS vehicle, but someone on here stated recently that they bought one and they work fine (just not the AFS part).

All I know personally is that my LR4 came with halogens but I dropped in non-AFS xenon housings about a year ago. They work great (they worked fine before I changed the setting using the GAP tool, too, but I changed the setting nonetheless as to not overload something somewhere).

Well I now have an adaptive xenon headlight in my right, and a non-adaptive on my left. They both work after I updated my cars CCF.

I think the left beam is aimed way too high (need to go adjust it...), but I see a halo projection on the ground, I think making it look brighter.

Webecinya

Reaction score
Bumping this back up. I find myself now wanting to move up to the later generation 14+ headlights. If I don’t have adaptive on my truck now, will adaptive headlight assemblies work other than adaptive part?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the adaptive headlights have little motors in them that let them steer left/right -- as well as, I believe, up/down. Since your truck doesn't have adaptives, it isn't going to be able to drive the motors to reposition them if they are not centered. Instead, they'll just stay in whatever position they were in when removed. Hopefully, the lights you pick up will be roughly in the centered position when they're removed.

Bumping this back up. I find myself now wanting to move up to the later generation 14+ headlights. If I don’t have adaptive on my truck now, will adaptive headlight assemblies work other than adaptive part?

Webecinya

Reaction score
So, the adaptive headlights have little motors in them that let them steer left/right -- as well as, I believe, up/down. Since your truck doesn't have adaptives, it isn't going to be able to drive the motors to reposition them if they are not centered. Instead, they'll just stay in whatever position they were in when removed. Hopefully, the lights you pick up will be roughly in the centered position when they're removed.
Good point. So hard to decode the white model stickers to see which are adaptive vs standard. Anyone have any reference? I think I’ve seen at least 8 different model numbers on various headlight assemblies.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put adaptive in mine after cracking an original. Haven't figured out where to wire in the control module yet.

Can't remember how I did it, but it is possible to move the adaptives around to reaim if needed. Think you can get a finger in through the back cover but it has been years.

Regardless, you can re-aim them if needed.

mklinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that the non-adaptive vehicles are missing the wiring to run the adaptive functionality, fyi.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA