LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One attachment at a time I guess...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 65

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, I see it now.... Those are really nice, but you have to shell out a lot of money to AEV to get it.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup $$

But Jeep may be producing them soon enough.

Yes, I did hear they would offer a truck model. That would be great. I hope that LR brings their version of the Defender truck to the US, that would sell well!!!

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sub Z71 Update

I know most of you are not interested:smile:, but I wanted to give a quick update on the only real alternative to the LR5 - the Suburban\Tahoe with the Z71 package. I've driven it around the family coastal cattle ranch a few times now, and the SubZ71 has done very well. More wheelspin, more three point turns, more bush clearance (its wide too), a few scrapes on the side steps; but, it does just fine. Since I added the 275\65-18 Nokian Rotiiva's, a lot of the wheelspin has been reduced.

For a full write-up - look here: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/finally-tested-it-off-tarmac.76890/

Needless to say the Yukon\Suburban forums are more interested in 22" wheels than offroad capability.

Attachments

• Z71 - Tally ** 11-20-2015.jpg
    Z71 - Tally ** 11-20-2015.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 54

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did hear they would offer a truck model. That would be great. I hope that LR brings their version of the Defender truck to the US, that would sell well!!!
Absolutely it woud sell well. But again, word is that the regular cab and 4 door truck units aren't coming to the US. That's a headscratcher..
But that's not been confirmed, it's just conjecture at this point. Bringing a 4 door truck would go a loooong way towards meeting that 100,000 units per year goal they are talking about having to meet for Defender models.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know most of you are not interested:smile:, but I wanted to give a quick update on the only real alternative to the LR5 - the Suburban\Tahoe with the Z71 package. I've driven it around the family coastal cattle ranch a few times now, and the SubZ71 has done very well. More wheelspin, more three point turns, more bush clearance (its wide too), a few scrapes on the side steps; but, it does just fine. Since I added the 275\65-18 Nokian Rotiiva's, a lot of the wheelspin has been reduced.

For a full write-up - look here: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/finally-tested-it-off-tarmac.76890/

Needless to say the Yukon\Suburban forums are more interested in 22" wheels than offroad capability.

You had any problem with the wind buffeting that's been making some people sick? That's the weirdest thing.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not - praise be. It is very real, and supposedly they fixed it with the 2016's.

The issue is that the roof bows can become detached, causing the roof to undulate and change the pressure in the cabin. Like having a window open a crack. People are getting sick and are not able to drive the vehicle. It seems that the 22" wheels and stiffer Magnaride suspension exacerbate the issue -booming. There is not a fix - do not buy a used 2015 with low miles. Dealers have gotten tired of ripping apart trucks - literally, with nothing solving the problem. Here is 120 pages to make you feel really good about Land Rover quality: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/162779-2015-yukon-noise-in-cabin/page-120

People also report that there is a resonating when the vehicle goes into V4.

Mine being a 2016 with 18" wheels, crossbars, the Z71 suspension & lower gear ratio, and Borla exhaust seems to have prevented any of these issues from appearing - knock on wood.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA