LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramajama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG what a freakin mess!

Glad yours seems free of that problem!

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my 2014 Suburban, it was one of the last two in Washington state, so I had the choice of a new 2014 LTZ or the new body style 2015. I guess I chose wisely! This is a real issue with GM as this is one of their most profitable vehicles.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know most of you are not interested:smile:, but I wanted to give a quick update on the only real alternative to the LR5 - the Suburban\Tahoe with the Z71 package. I've driven it around the family coastal cattle ranch a few times now, and the SubZ71 has done very well. More wheelspin, more three point turns, more bush clearance (its wide too), a few scrapes on the side steps; but, it does just fine. Since I added the 275\65-18 Nokian Rotiiva's, a lot of the wheelspin has been reduced...
Good info. Thanks for that.
I have always been interested in that Tahoe, but it's just a really tight fit in my garage. That's the only reason I've held back...but if this LR5 takes any longer, I'll be taking a harder look at my other options.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it is March in Geneva for the unveiling based on this.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2018-land-rover-discovery-news-specs-rumors/

Last summer I read a snippet somewhere that LR had signed a contract to unveil the new Discovery at the "European" Motor show in 2016. I had assumed this was in Brussels this week, but I figured it was wrong when it did not happen.

Now that I see this, I think it is accurate. Let's hope!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are labeling it the 2018 Discovery. Perhaps the LR4 will live to see another day, er, model year. :smile: I noticed a few weeks ago a 2017MY Disco/LR4 option had been added in the pull-down menu on the tech web site (TOPIx), and I thought it was a typo for sure... Now I am thinking the LR4 will stick around for another year - and change.

Last edited:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it is March in Geneva for the unveiling based on this.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/2018-land-rover-discovery-news-specs-rumors/

Last summer I read a snippet somewhere that LR had signed a contract to unveil the new Discovery at the "European" Motor show in 2016. I had assumed this was in Brussels this week, but I figured it was wrong when it did not happen.

Now that I see this, I think it is accurate. Let's hope!

So, it's going to be presented at the March, 2016 show yet it will be 2018 model year? (released late 2017, usually)

If that's the case....sh*t! We're still almost 2 years away from having one at a North American dealer?

I have to admit, while there are things I don't like about the concept, it's clearly time for a refresh on the model. Have you seen a lineup of all the LR vehicles? The LR4 is now out of place as every other vehicle has been refreshed.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Methinks that, if there is a MY17 LR4, it will be a very short production run. I think the new 2018 model will launch earlier than usual in 2017 personally... But we'll see.

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's hard to say, remember the Just Auto article claimed:

Some believe that L462 might be revealed in 2016, but Job 1 production is said to be on schedule for June 2017 at Solihull. The third generation Discovery is expected to use D7u, a lower cost version of JLR's Premium Lightweight Architecture (PLA).

If that is the case it could very well be late 2017 before the US dealers see it on their lots.....

Perhaps the early reveal is with anticipation there could still be last minute tweak needed based on the global feedback....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut