LR5 Release Updates?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he was referring to your handle "catman".

As for the split tailgate, I have always loved vehicles with it. But that is because I use it all the time when we are out on some adventure. Table, seat, platform, step to help when I'm getting stuff on/off the roof rack, etc. But then again, we don't have pets or kids.

As for the new Discovery, the deal make/break for me will likely be the towing capacity/capability. Everything else I could probably live with. If they go backwards on that then its a no go for me.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! Well shows how absent minded I can be. When you live with a moniker/nickname your whole life, you do not even think about it anymore :smile: Now it seems pretty funny :wink:

Sorry, I guess I need to work on my comedic setup and timing (thanks for the assist, Dan)! :hello:

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new discovery

Attachments

• new discovery.jpg
    new discovery.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 61

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. That looks identical to the Discovery Sport they debuted at the Chicago Auto Show in 2014. Same color and everything. I don't think that is the Discovery.

Supa

Reaction score
Don't know if you peeps have seen the Nurburgring lap that the LR5 ran. Here is the URL.

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/07/land-rover-discovery-5-prototype-put.html

It looks ok styling wise. I don't know how much 220 lbs of weight saving translates into fuel economy and I'm frankly surprise that more weight loss was not achieved with aluminum paneling. The ONLY option that I would kick myself for getting the 2016.5 is the bonnet camera view. I was in the woods today and it would have been cool if I could see what was underneath and where I was placing my tires.

Supa

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know if you peeps have seen the Nurburgring lap that the LR5 ran. Here is the URL.

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/07/land-rover-discovery-5-prototype-put.html

It looks ok styling wise. I don't know how much 220 lbs of weight saving translates into fuel economy and I'm frankly surprise that more weight loss was not achieved with aluminum paneling. The ONLY option that I would kick myself for getting the 2016.5 is the bonnet camera view. I was in the woods today and it would have been cool if I could see what was underneath and where I was placing my tires.

Supa

Wait, what? In only saves 100kg (220lbs)? That is depressingly low. The RR's saved several hundred pounds. I read as much as 800lbs.

Ugh, that's dissapointing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72