Lucky 8 SYA Kit Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueaz

Reaction score
Well you guys were right.....my right front air strut started leaking shortly after I had only the left front replaced. Just like the left front, the right front was letting short bursts of air escape on rugged off road trails when the wheel really dropped down. Had the right front replaced yesterday.

Also had my mechanic check the compressor because it was making some clunking sounds. Turns out the plastic housing took a good hit and it's cracked and touching the compressor and the mounting bracket is bent. The plastic housing was also full of cinders (I was up at the Cinders off road area outside of Flagstaff last month). The compressor is working fine according to the mechanic. Anyone see any value in one of those aftermarket metal compressor housings?

On a positive note I haven't had any suspension faults since I recalibrated.

I also picked up the Lucky 8 Proud Rhino SYA kit and 2.5" Rhino lift rods. Will install that in the next few weeks when I have the time.

IMG_E5734.JPG

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I broke my compressor bracket it bent the mounting tabs on the compressor itself, made more noise since the rubber isolators no longer did anything, but it still worked. I think a metal compressor skid plate is probably worthwhile, I'm considering getting the tactical 4x4 rock/tree sliders that would also cover the compressor, but have sticker shock.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Terrafirma sliders because I was going for low weight, but in retrospect wish I would have just gone with either the Tactical 4x4 or Proud Rhino (Lucky8) sliders. Now, I'm looking at either finding a compressor and air tank skid setup that will work with my Terrafirma sliders or just ripping the Terrafirmas off and going with one of the better all-in-one solutions.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my concerns with the T44 sliders is how one uses the factory jack, as it seems it would cover the normal jack points. I like that there's a locating pin on the factory jack, and like that the jack saddle cradles the frame rail. Makes it easier to explain to the kids how to operate it if they happen to get a flat.

CRYA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Terrafirma sliders because I was going for low weight, but in retrospect wish I would have just gone with either the Tactical 4x4 or Proud Rhino (Lucky8) sliders. Now, I'm looking at either finding a compressor and air tank skid setup that will work with my Terrafirma sliders or just ripping the Terrafirmas off and going with one of the better all-in-one solutions.
That's what I have, but with the APT compressor and air tank skids which all worked together seamlessly. Unfortunately APT is gone. I see Asfir has the tank guard though.

Blueaz

Reaction score
Man...the price for an air compressor guard is insane. And the Prospeed from Lucky 8 is out of stock and will probably never be back in stock. The APT one is $450 Australian (about $292 US) and it looks like it's still available on their website. I wonder what shipping will be? Probably better to find a local shop to bend some metal or just forgetaboutit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72