Lug Nut Wrench size 2005 HSE 19" stock wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wnat to purchase a snap on type 6 point socket of a size suitable for routine removal of the wheels from my 2005 LR3 HSE with the stock 19" six spoke wheels. The wrench that comes with the LR3 works OK, but I prefer to use a real chromed socket wrench.

The lug nuts are holding the wheels on are the stock ones that come with the vehicle.

My first concern is that I am not clear if the lug nuts are metric or imperal size. I assume imperial, however I do not know for certain.

I have a 6 point 7/8" socket that seems about right - a bit loose, but the next smaller size that I have is 26/32" and that is too small. I do not have any metric that large so I cannot say anything about the metric sizes.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
22 mm appears correct it is slightly smaller than 7/8". Up here in Canada, I see that Sears has both deep and normal 22mm Craftsman 1/2" drive sockets in their catalog so I guess that is where I will get a 22 mm socket from. That then suggest to me that BMW and Mercedes lug nuts are for the most part metric sized. My only previous experience is with GM, Ford and Dodge and for the most part, they all seem to be still Imperial sized. Thanks - it is tough to find this sort of thing in any publications. For my 92 Buick Roadmaster, GM had a telephone sized repair manual that you could purchase that had all this detail in it, but for LR, that sort of thing seems not available.

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
22 mm Sears Craftsman part number 941377 or 41377 is a 6 point 1/2" drive standard depth chrome finish socket that I purchased for my 2005 LR3 HSE with the 19" stock 6 spoke sparkle finish wheels. My thanks to Trynian, as the 22mm fits very well, snug, but not tight. The cost of the single socket was $CDN 7.49 + tax from Sears in Edmonton Alberta.