Major Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since the injectors we leaking and the "O" rings were also replaced on 6 & 8, I'd call it a bad install. If the plugs were still good, they can just clean the fouling and put them back in. I am however surprised that this issue took 31,000 miles for the failure. Probably not a bad install as much as a bad batch of injectors. Just my opinion.

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you said the acceleration feels much better. Did you ever notice a decrease in acceleration at some point? or any weird noise coming from your engine?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you said the acceleration feels much better. Did you ever notice a decrease in acceleration at some point? or any weird noise coming from your engine?

No, I did not notice anything strange until this happened last week. I do however notice what I can describe as a more crisp response of the engine. Not a huge difference, but certainly smoother and crisper especially when I need the extra acceleration like on a highway on ramp or when passing.
To those planning on keeping their LR4s long term, I would highly suggest the extended warrantee coverage. This would have been a costly repair had it not been covered.
I was frustrated in the beginning since this is the second time something like this happened. My lease is up in a few months and I was seriously considering going with another brand, but I changed my mind after the great treatment I received from my dealer. I was also impressed with LR roadside assistance. The dealer had a loaner ready for me within hours and expedited the repair. The LR4 was towed in on Monday and was done Tuesday PM. I live on Cape Cod and the dealer is pretty small here. They only had 2 loaners which were "promised out". They gave me an evoque off the lot as a loaner and even though their shop was very busy, they managed to expedite the repair.
Overall, the LR4 is the best vehicle I've leased so far. Very solid ride quality. I looked into a 2014 GL for my wife, but it didn't seem to come close to the LR in terms of the Solid ride quality and was about $25k more.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I did not notice anything strange until this happened last week. I do however notice what I can describe as a more crisp response of the engine. Not a huge difference, but certainly smoother and crisper especially when I need the extra acceleration like on a highway on ramp or when passing.
To those planning on keeping their LR4s long term, I would highly suggest the extended warrantee coverage. This would have been a costly repair had it not been covered.
I was frustrated in the beginning since this is the second time something like this happened. My lease is up in a few months and I was seriously considering going with another brand, but I changed my mind after the great treatment I received from my dealer. I was also impressed with LR roadside assistance. The dealer had a loaner ready for me within hours and expedited the repair. The LR4 was towed in on Monday and was done Tuesday PM. I live on Cape Cod and the dealer is pretty small here. They only had 2 loaners which were "promised out". They gave me an evoque off the lot as a loaner and even though their shop was very busy, they managed to expedite the repair.
Overall, the LR4 is the best vehicle I've leased so far. Very solid ride quality. I looked into a 2014 GL for my wife, but it didn't seem to come close to the LR in terms of the Solid ride quality and was about $25k more.
I am definitely getting an extended warranty for my 2013.

So glad to hear you are going to stick with Land Rover. I agree about the GL, it's nice, but I just don't care for it after having had the LR4 for a couple years. If I were going to jump ship to Mercedes, it would be a real G.

When are you going to order the 2014? ;-)

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am definitely getting an extended warranty for my 2013.

So glad to hear you are going to stick with Land Rover. I agree about the GL, it's nice, but I just don't care for it after having had the LR4 for a couple years. If I were going to jump ship to Mercedes, it would be a real G.

When are you going to order the 2014? ;-)

-David

Hi David,
The dealer is going to call me as soon as they get a 2014. I will test drive it and likely order one in the next couple months or sooner if they can get me out of my current lease. I like white, but am interested in looking at a Coris Gray in person. I am thinking of Getting the same option packages I have now. Lux and vision assist. The blind spot system is HUGE. I have it on my other vehicle and I like it a lot. I am glad LR decided to add it this year.
George

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,
The dealer is going to call me as soon as they get a 2014. I will test drive it and likely order one in the next couple months or sooner if they can get me out of my current lease. I like white, but am interested in looking at a Coris Gray in person. I am thinking of Getting the same option packages I have now. Lux and vision assist. The blind spot system is HUGE. I have it on my other vehicle and I like it a lot. I am glad LR decided to add it this year.
George
Very cool, can't wait to get your thoughts after you drive it.

I love my Fuji White with black package, but I wish Coris was around when I ordered mine, love that color!

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool, can't wait to get your thoughts after you drive it.

I love my Fuji White with black package, but I wish Coris was around when I ordered mine, love that color!

I like white bc it looks great and it's easier to keep clean. I will let you know when I drive the 2014.

R Hermann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious- how cold was it that morning/overnight and is the LR4 garaged or was it out in the elements?

Thanks,
Randy

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know when you get a chance to drive a 2014. Still would like to understand how it compares to the V8.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72