My LR4 is gone, the dream is dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, Rob....thanks for the post. Finally, someone speaks honestly about the Land Rover experience. Seems like most people on here are on an artificial high (laughing gas?) about their LR4s. (To wit, plenty of posts where people are celebrating 1,000 miles of problem-free driving.)

delete

Last edited:

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, Rob....thanks for the post. Finally, someone speaks honestly about the Land Rover experience. Seems like most people on here are on an artificial high (laughing gas?) about their LR4s. (To wit, plenty of posts where people are celebrating 1,000 miles of problem-free driving.)

Hi,

Thanks for feedback. I loved my LR4 dearly, but like anything else it was not without fault. I understand that things break and need to be fixed. That wasn't my real issue. My issue was with a dealer that tried hard, but just couldn't deliver what should have been a better experience than what I got.

I would please ask that this thread be kept from any finger pointing and unfavorable comments. I really don't have an issue if you want to call me out on not having a LR4 anymore or how crummy my grammer or spelling is. This is afterall my thread and I am happy to bear the brunt of it. But out of respect, I would like to keep this one free from some of the bickering that has taken place in other threads.

Thank you,

Rob

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U must be a real ******* in life! I can't even imagine the kind of loser who would hang around and just post to **** people off without adding an iota of value.

Do you never have anything to add? What fxxking loser!

I understand that this is a public forum and disagreements are going to take place. But can we at least make an effort in this thread to keep things on an even keel?

Thank you,

Rob

rainmn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For the first time, I agree with you here.

I don't quite understand the artificial group love-fest here for the LR4. There are some posters who seem far too willing to try and sweep any issue under the rug. Sorry, I don't care what kind of problem it is - if I have to take the truck to the dealer, that's a huge P.I.A., warranty or not.

I've probably owned in the area of 40 different vehicles in my life, and have gone to message boards about all of them for around the last 12-13 years. This is the first one where I've seen such a strange defensiveness about problems, or even potential problems. I always thought the main point about these boards was to share info, be it good or bad. Trying to hide or downplay problems isn't doing any good to the person researching a purchase decision.

Knock on wood, I haven't had any issues with mine yet. That said, I've only had it for about 4 months now, so I don't really find that as cause to celebrate just yet. I will say that I really do like the truck so far.

You can call me "cautiously optimistic" at this point about how this experience will end up. If I weren't, I wouldn't have gone with an LR4 after being all too familiar with the brand's reputation.

And to crewcabrob - Don't worry about it, it's just a truck. I know it was your dream truck, but you'll end up with something even better sooner or later. I was pretty bummed when I sold my first 911, but ended up with a much better one a few years down the road. (Which I've also now sold, and it will be at least a few years before I'm likely to be able to pick up another one.)

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand that this is a public forum and disagreements are going to take place. But can we at least make an effort in this thread to keep things on an even keel?

Thank you,

Rob

Ok, I will delete my comments. Just for you Rob!

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew that was going to get asked.

I'm the proud owner of a new, 2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara Limited 4x4.

I researched all of my options and there was only one that checked most of my boxes. Inexpensive, key less start, leather heated seats, auto climate control, low range, real ladder frame, auto headlights, decent gas mileage, have some towing capacity and at least somewhat reliable. As I have explained to my family, it is the best I can do right now.

As part of the change, I have gotten some funds to change wheels and tires as well as put a hitch on and a roof rack. I will post a picture later this week when the updates are done.

Yes, it is a huge step down. Yes, I'm extremely embarased. But to tell you the truth, I'm going to make the best of my situation and find real things to enjoy about the Grand ****** as we call it. :)

Rob

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew that was going to get asked.

I'm the proud owner of a new, 2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara Limited 4x4.

I researched all of my options and there was only one that checked most of my boxes. Inexpensive, key less start, leather heated seats, auto climate control, low range, real ladder frame, auto headlights, decent gas mileage, have some towing capacity and at least somewhat reliable. As I have explained to my family, it is the best I can do right now.

As part of the change, I have gotten some funds to change wheels and tires as well as put a hitch on and a roof rack. I will post a picture later this week when the updates are done.

Yes, it is a huge step down. Yes, I'm extremely embarased. But to tell you the truth, I'm going to make the best of my situation and find real things to enjoy about the Grand ****** as we call it. :)

Rob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90