My LR4 is gone, the dream is dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it's already given you something the LR4 didn't....a funny name! LOL

Did you look at the Jeep Liberty? Mine is an 05...real 4x4, locking center diff, can tow 5k, it's the same type of construction the LR3/4 is though. The new ones have all the options. Mine has been trouble free.

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
Things change in life.... I love cars, Love my LR4... but in the end - they are a vehicle....

My priority's in life is God, Wife, Son, Family, Friend’s, Job.... Car is way down the list...

You made the right choice. Keep your priorities strait and your life will be blessed.

Your family will talk about the kind of Father you were and the love you showed them.... Sacrifices you made to make their life better - not much about what car you drove...

Keep up the good work

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I know it is just a vehicle and I can deal with the loss. My family is way a head of any possesion I might have. The funny thing is, none of them are happy about the loss of the LR4. I've had the GV for almost a month now, and my wife and two of my kids have rode in it once. My other daughter won't even acknowledge we have a new vehicle in the garage. She walks past it every day and has not said one word about it. My family doesn't see this as a personal sacrifice on my part, they just see we lost a fabulous truck.

As far as the Jeep Liberty, yeah I looked at it and priced it out. I went and looked at it too. After loadign it up, the jeep was $4000 more than the GV. I'm sure there are customer incentives that would narrow the gap some. Finacing was about the same at 0%. The two trucks were the ones I narrowed it down too in the end. On paper, they are dimensionaly very close in size, but the Jeep weights in at over 1000 pounds more. It has less ground clearance, has less room inside, drinks more fuelI, doesn't have teh keyless start and looks a little funky. n the end, it came down to how it felt driving, the money, the mileage and the reliability perception. I had a jeep a number of years ago and it wasn't all that reliable.

Rob

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Things change in life.... I love cars, Love my LR4... but in the end - they are a vehicle....

My priority's in life is God, Wife, Son, Family, Friend’s, Job.... Car is way down the list...

You made the right choice. Keep your priorities strait and your life will be blessed.

Your family will talk about the kind of Father you were and the love you showed them.... Sacrifices you made to make their life better - not much about what car you drove...

Keep up the good work

Beautifully, BEAUTIFULLY, said LR4inAZ!! I couldn't agree more with every word!:biggrin:

UGAgirl97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I know it is just a vehicle and I can deal with the loss. My family is way a head of any possesion I might have. The funny thing is, none of them are happy about the loss of the LR4. I've had the GV for almost a month now, and my wife and two of my kids have rode in it once. My other daughter won't even acknowledge we have a new vehicle in the garage. She walks past it every day and has not said one word about it. My family doesn't see this as a personal sacrifice on my part, they just see we lost a fabulous truck.

Rob

Trust me Rob.... when your children grow up and become adults and parents, they will look back at this time and your sacrifice VERY differently and see exactly how blessed they were to have a father like you. Believe me...I know what I am talking about. My mom drove a banana yellow old Lincoln Town Car and when dad got it repainted a fresh new yellow instead of getting a new, "cool" car, my sister and I about gagged! LOL. However, now, as I look back, I realize that they drove old cars so we could be given the greatest future and now that old car of years ago provides some fabulous stories around the dinner table during the holidays!!

And by the way, the GV is fine car and it's NEW! That's more than most people driving the roads can say nowadays! Nothing at all to be embarrassed about!

ndrenfro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We will miss you Rob.
Thanks for all your helpful thoughts and posts to this site.
Best wishes

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G-fungus, I can't believe you haven't been banned from this forum yet.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
G-fungus, I can't believe you haven't been banned from this forum yet.

For what?

Between me, Alex, and LRNewbie, only one of us doesn't make personal attacks or use vulgarities. Guess who that would be?

Are you a Democrat? Democrats tend to want to silence opinions or voices they don't agree with or like.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what?

Between me, Alex, and LRNewbie, only one of us doesn't make personal attacks or use vulgarities. Guess who that would be?

Are you a Democrat? Democrats tend to want to silence opinions or voices they don't agree with or like.

I don't share what political party I'm associated with on public forums. But I will state that I'm affiliated with only one party and don't swing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo