My LR4 is gone, the dream is dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So much for Rob's request to keep his last "RIP" post clean.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The general dysfunction of this forum (that includes both shameless trolling and naive cheerleading) reflects the world around us and is to be expected.

That's why we have moderators...to keep it nice and clean (or not)

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good life decisions, and it says a lot about a person who is willing to humble himself for the security of his family.

By the way, I have frequently rented Suzuki Samarai/Sidekicks on surf trips to Central America, and they are phenomenally tough and their offroad capabilities are truly underappreciated. I put myself in situations where water was over the hood, mud up to the door sills, and having to climb steep muddy river banks was required or wait hours until someone showed-up in the jungle with a tractor. I also floated over deeply rutted roads at 45mph+ - must get to surf, and the Suzuki suspension tracked straight and never had a failure (that I knew of). Massive respect for them.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
For the first time, I agree with you here.

I don't quite understand the artificial group love-fest here for the LR4. There are some posters who seem far too willing to try and sweep any issue under the rug. Sorry, I don't care what kind of problem it is - if I have to take the truck to the dealer, that's a huge P.I.A., warranty or not.

I've probably owned in the area of 40 different vehicles in my life, and have gone to message boards about all of them for around the last 12-13 years. This is the first one where I've seen such a strange defensiveness about problems, or even potential problems. I always thought the main point about these boards was to share info, be it good or bad. Trying to hide or downplay problems isn't doing any good to the person researching a purchase decision.

There is no better example of this than the thread on the "large noise" coming from the cooling fan. When people start describing unusual sounds coming from their cars as "a lion's roar" or that it makes them want to "run over stuff," you know the fan base is downright delusional. Talk about a snow job by Land Rover. They have pulled the wool over many a naive American's eyes. Gotta hand it to 'em. Brilliant job.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no better example of this than the thread on the "large noise" coming from the cooling fan. When people start describing unusual sounds coming from their cars as "a lion's roar" or that it makes them want to "run over stuff," you know the fan base is downright delusional. Talk about a snow job by Land Rover. They have pulled the wool over many a naive American's eyes. Gotta hand it to 'em. Brilliant job.

YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA,
I am definitely delusional. When I hear the raor of the fan, I imagine I am tarazan riding a big great lion and roaming the vast African safari....

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though my fan makes no roars, I'd like to be a Tarazan on a lion, too and join the mushroom cult.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RRRRRROOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRRR,
Yeah baby yeah!!!!
Seriously, the noise the fan makes has a nice note to it. Very tourqey note....I think I've only experienced it 4 times since I've had the LR4. I have had it for over a year now. MAybe with mushrooms I can hear it all the time! LOL!!!!

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
YEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA,
I am definitely delusional. When I hear the raor of the fan, I imagine I am tarazan riding a big great lion and roaming the vast African safari....

You said it, baobay. And Laszlo agreed: "Exactly like a lion's roar!!! Perfect analogy."

All you guys need are a couple of transponders and you can pretend you're the crew of the Enterprise and beamed down to investigate some abandoned jungle outpost.

And then when the Nav and Audio system goes blank, you can pretend like you've lost contact with Lieutenant Uhura.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90