Need a shop reccomendation for DVD install in SoCal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drew888

Reaction score
Didn't want to pay what the dealer was asking thinging I could do better. I also prefer two roof mounted units over the one.

Anyway, I'm in SoCal and looking for a shop.

Thanks,

luis_wilhelm

Reaction score
Invision option

Hello There, this is an alternative our dealer in South Florida is promoting (LR South Dade), and just wanted to share in case you haven't seen the 2 DVDs headrest option. I think installed price is ~$2,700 and the system is manufactured or distributed by Invision, it seems to be a clean install. Attached file is not probably very clear but I guess you can do a google search for this and/or installers in your area.

Best regards,
LW

Attachments

• HeadrestDVD.JPG
    HeadrestDVD.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 116

luis_wilhelm

Reaction score
hello there, decided to do the Invision DVD install and left the LR3 at the South Dade dealer this morning. Will let you know how it goes or post pictures if anybody is interested. Thanks for all the valuable information posted in the site.
Regards,
LW

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$2700 - whew! is that cheaper than the dealer option? Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,

NW

M

mvg

The dealer option is covered by the same warranty as the vehicle.

My vehicle was having battery problems. They thought it was the DVD that was causing it and so they upgraded it to the Rosen G10 at no charge.

Turns out, it wasn't the DVD that was causing the problem. Had I installed a non-dealer DVD, they would probably have said that the battery problem was caused by the DVD and not honor the vehicle warranty on the electrical problem.

luis_wilhelm

Reaction score
The headrest option was advertised/promoted by the dealer parts department and we left the car there to have it installed (later I found out it was an external installer). I asked several times about the warranty being affected in any way and they said no, I hope that's true. Anyway, we are calling them today because these new headrests are a little bit off-set, so you have to lean your head farther back for it to reach the headrest. Wife is mad and wants to have them fix this or return us the money (I don't think they'll agree to that). The units quality seems good they gave us a 3 set of headphones, but if you want to lean your head back towards the headrest, it's a little uncomfortable.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9