Need Opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, no problem. Glad to see they arent on sale just yet...lol.......Best of luck with it and let us know how it goes.

john

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
7500 miles is not correct. i will check the manual again, but i am 100% sure its 15k. The first service is also free.

http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Vehicles/LR4/a-resource-for-owners.htm

hope that helps

john

Regardless of what your manual says, waiting for the 15,000 mile marks is not the best practice.
-
Yeah, I think the 7500 mark is the best plan. There is no reason to make the thing use that oil for so long. I swear my 96 disco is still running super smooth and strong (quoted from private shops around the country where I've lived with it) because I rarely went past 3000 miles with it's oil changes - this also provided a time when my tech familiar with the car for 8 years could make sure nothing else was awry. It never broke down on me anywhere and now has 222,000 miles.

Last edited:

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you are right in assuming that! My advice would be for you to just buy the LR4 and love the thing! Every year these vehicles just get better and better

I have had 5 land rovers, two LR3's and a Supercharged Range Rover, three of which I still have.

They have however certainly NOT just gotten better and better in every way. The lr3 and lr4 still completely stink in terms of front seat design and head rest ergonomics! The "lumbar" is a joke and nearly false advertisement in my opinion. Compared to nearly every other make, the seats are about the worst you can find and I was not too impressed with the LR4 seats either.

To me, the seats are one of the most important parts of the interior and the lack of angle/fore-aft headrest adjustment is a total rip off in a $50-$60k vehicle of any sort. They could have left off some of the useless dash "leather" and made the seats more functional ....say using something like 4 way lumbar...on both front seats.

Otherwise, they "improved" the suspension but did not leap into the future unfortunately. I was ready to buy the first lr4 here and waited all summer.

The Range Rover, is wonderful though in terms of the interior ergonomics. The lr4 could have similarly designed geometries and left the materials as the separator.

Why do the lr4 rear windows no longer drop all the way down?? Why do we get fewer little places to put small objects? No longer the convenient rubber ledge in front of the nav, no large spot under the ash tray but still the totally stupid arm rest "cooler" with crappy lift-out plastic lid and ridiculous plug under the arm rest top.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the rear windows? The salesman said they didn't anymore. I don't know why they can't keep up with a handful of models when it is sort of their job.
I knew way more than my salesman knew at the time i bought the lr4. Mainly because of this board and and just doing DD. You would "think" they would know more, but not in todays world.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi