New Member - 2005 LR3 SE V8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just joined today. My wife and I recently purchased a 2005 LR3 SE V8 with Nav and Cold Weather Package. It is Zambezi Silver over Ebony Black. We are coming over from a Touareg V8 - great car, which we will miss. But we are extremely excited to be a member of the Rover family! :hello:

I'll post up some pics this weekend.

-Rich

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... hope that someone on here can help with any odd questions or issues that may come up.

Keep in mind the Rover is hand build and the VW is computer built.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... hope that someone on here can help with any odd questions or issues that may come up.

Keep in mind the Rover is hand build and the VW is computer built.

Prepping me for problems already? :wink:

From what I've read, the LR3 seems relatively reliable for a European car. I've owned mostly German cars, and they are definitely not known for their reliability, but you make do.

Thanks for the welcome!
-Rich

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
After 4 years of ownership and at least 3 years prior to that researching Rovers... I just don't want anyone to say... Joey said Rovers are the best thing since sliced bread, and then they start having issues.

Personally I can't see myself not owning a Rover... kind of like part of the family.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got a quick picture (sorry, it is a camera phone pic):

LR3_-_CrippleCreek2.JPG

I was also finally able to get a coat of Zaino on it and got our new tires put on - General Grabber AT2s.

Loving it so far!
Rich

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I like the pic... great back drop as well. Not bad for a camera phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM