new plug wires and coil pack (distributor cap)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

King_Richard

Reaction score
my 2000 dico with 125,000 miles is reving high and sometimes after i start it takes a while for it to get going (like it revs rly low and doesnt go fater than abotu 10-15 miles per hour and then it kicks in to its normal revs of about 2.5 and runs at normal speeds) i put new plugs it it about a month ago. now im thinking about new plug wires and coil pack (distributor cap)? any ideas?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
MAF dirty.... fuel pump starting to go out...

Could be TPS dirty.

King_Richard

Reaction score
thanks. So what should i do? Where is the maf senser? and what is the tps and where is it? what do u reccomend doing about the fuel pump?

King_Richard

Reaction score
OK i found out where the tps and the maf are. but what should i do about the fuel pump? what do u think the fuel injectors could be a problem?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Injectors could be an issue if they haven't been taken care of... I would recommend running a couple of containers of your favorite injector cleaner 1 per tank for 2 tanks.

May also be the dreaded exhaust valve carbon issue....

Do a search on seafoam and its uses... I would highly recommend doing this.

King_Richard

Reaction score
ok i got some of that sea foam and i put it in so we'll see of that help. i noticed that when my car is running there is bubbling going on around that plugs!?!? what does that mean????

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
bubbling around the plugs? Not sure I know what you mean... if your saying you have bubbles around the plugs as in oil or water that is bubbling... I would clean the area very well, change the plugs and use some anti seize to prevent the obvious (seizing of the plugs in the aluminum block).

sandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it is running high, trying cleaning the throttle body itself first.

and no cap on this vehicle.

pull off the air intake hose to the tb and open it up and clean it off with carbon clean.

if no code on the dash dont bother with anything else.

and fuel pumps dont go on those. they come in at nine hundred bucks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4