New Recall Alert : Fuel System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I right that the fuel filter is only accessible inside the tank, too? Trying to figure out what all ought to really be replaced when dropping the tank for this work.

cannondale900

Reaction score
Am I right that the fuel filter is only accessible inside the tank, too? Trying to figure out what all ought to really be replaced when dropping the tank for this work.

The fuel filter is integrated in to the fuel tank access cover. For my 2015 SCV6 I believe it is p/n LR043420 while the pump assembly is LR043385. At my mileage of 91k it makes sense to replace.

TXLR4

Reaction score
At the time I took it in, I hadn't seen this thread and didn't until after I picked it up. I called the dealer this morning and they were not even aware of this at all. It looks like I'll have to wait a bit, but seems promising since I've got all the documentation.
was your vin listed when they looked it up?

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, literally just replaced this part last year with my indi shop. I will make sure to take the dealership my receipt to be reimbursed. Still waiting for them to recall the crossover pipes.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for them to recall the crossover pipes

Hah! I wish. Crossover pipe isn't going to make the car light on fire so I bet they're way less likely to do that.

My late 2013 isn't even on the recall VIN range, so I'm curious if they'll update that at some point.

Jonathanlain

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to turn in their receipt of having this fixed from a mechanic outside of the dealership? Mine cracked earlier this year and had it repaired by British 4X4 and had the fuel filter and pump replaced. Works great since. I checked the website as well and it says no un repaired recalls 2012 LR4

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to turn in their receipt of having this fixed from a mechanic outside of the dealership?
I think the answer is no. Read this NHTSA doc from my earlier post, It outlines what's happening and when: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/RCLRPT-21V635-1019.PDF. Reimbursement is mentioned on page 3 as well as the Recall Schedule. Dealers are to be notified tomorrow Aug 26, and Owners 'on or before' Oct 8. Doubtful that much is going to happen until after those two things occur. The month in between is likely to allow JLR and Dealers to get their s**t together.

cannondale900

Reaction score
Called my dealer today and they see the recall in their system attached to my VIN.

Obviously this is hot off the press so they don't have all the details yet as to timing to parts availability etc.

wideboyawake

Reaction score
You can apply for a reimbursement. I went to the dealer today, but they said no parts are available yet so the recall cannot be performed. No idea when they are coming in.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA