Newbie Disco 2 Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

robertl

I purchased an LR3 for my wife several months back and she has been very happy with it (shocking)!

Today I just picked up an 02 Discovery 2 SE7. I proably paided too much since I went through the dealer, but it looks like its in good shape. Under 40k miles and purchased for under 21K.

My biggest problem is that the spare tire mount seems to be bent because of the prior soccer mom who owned probably backed into a wall.

Can anyone tell me some of the suspension details....I am glad it is not air suspension?!.

Thanks RobertL

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats on the two new family members.

Spare tire mount can be fixed, just buy a used one from some of the many used LR parts places.

What do you want to know about the suspension?

R

robertl

I want to know what is the most cost effective upgrage for the suspension....primarly the car is driven on highway but now that I am able to I want to do some light offroad activity....camping stuff like that.

I last stint with a 4x4 was a Jeep and I sold that after six months....transfer cases were going bad!!!

Thanks

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on what your looking for.... and if you have SLS. If you are just looking for basic off roading, you may be suprised as to what a Stock disco will do. If you just want to do an upgrade, 2" springs and new shocks are around $550 give or take a couple, and/or larger tires. But either way, unless you just want to upgrade, or you are planning heavy duty loads, you don't need the upgrade....

May not be what you want for info...

OME 2" with bilstein shocks give you great onroad/off road IMHO.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635