Newbie Intro - 06 LR3 SE7 V8 (Pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AGConrad

Reaction score
Picked up an 06 LR3 SE7 V8 with the cold climate package "for my wife" earlier this month.

It is my first Land Rover and to be honest, I did not know much about them before we test drove one and I started doing some research. Needless to say, I was a Ford man now turned Rover man.

This vehice is head and shoulders above everything we test drove against it, those being an 09 Ford Edge AWD, 09 Chevy Traverse AWD, and the 09 Honda Pilot.

This 06 LR3 had more options, a much better ride, and was significantly quieter than all three of the other vehicles. Not to mention it was cheaper than buying any of those new!

Of course, I am not even referring to the unbelievable off road capabilities of the Rover as that would just make the competition completely unfair to the other guys and I am not hear to hurt any feelings.

Here are a couple of pics of my first time out with it.

It was a 40 degree muddy slope after a day and night of rain. The tires are strictly road tires, Nexen Rodian's. It still had no trouble whatsoever walking right up it.

510992904_jymLM-L-1.jpg

511000421_8e3Fr-L.jpg

511008966_aQqzt-L-1.jpg

All in all it has been a great three weeks and thousand miles. I am looking forward to another hundred thousand over then next couple of years. Then maybe I will be able to afford one brand new.:smile:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... nice looking LR3

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nico3dd