Newbie Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slartibartfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone i came across this site yesterday and you lot certainly seem to know your stuff so i hope you can help or at least point me in the right direction i am technicaly hopeless with this kind of this thing

Anyway recently i have developed a problem which is difficult to explain. Under no specific circumstances, the vehicle seems to hesitate with no acceleration in fact if i hit the gas i get some engine noise but no increase in revs there seems to be no power if i bring her into 3rd gear hit the gas the problem clears up and then i can go back to drive i noticed that i was low on transmission fliud so i topped that off but i doubt that will do anything the vehicle has approx 88K miles and is a 98 Disco any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Rob

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I am sure you will hear alot of opinions on this, but I would start with the basics, (depending on if any has been done) Tune up - Plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter. Clean and lude any and all fuel linkages. Check and replace if needed any vacuum lines.

That should get you back in the ball park.

D

discomike

What year and model, what sort of mileage, is there a check engine light on???
Mike J.

Slartibartfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Check Engine light is on was actually Flashing for a minute or 2 approx 88 thousand on the clock and its a 98 model
I'm taking it down to Land Rover Encino in the morning i am hoping against hope its something stupid and cheap

Slartibartfast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Certainly did Land Rover Encino claim the problem is a sticking valve or multiple sticking valves due to heavy carbing up of the engine causing multiple backifires and he quotes approx $2300.00 to fix this is amazingly expensive does this sound right and is there a way to prevent the engine carbing up so much

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99