Off Road Pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What model and size tire are you running? Great looking Rover!!!
I have the 19" wheels running Cooper Zeon LTZ (255/55/R19) tires. I am planning to get the Compomotive 18" wheels at some point, but these offer great on/off-road capability for the 19" wheels.

-David

GermanRoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a recent and unintended off road experience. While volunteering with some tornado clean up in Shawnee, Oklahoma I managed to get stuck in this ditch. Fortunately a diesel mechanic from Texas drove by in a Durango and pulled me out. His comment, "next time you should think about getting a Dodge". :stupid:

Attachments

• LR4.JPG
    LR4.JPG
    303.2 KB · Views: 33

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been stuck in that situation before. The only difference was it was a snowy ditch and i was in my old Pathfinder. The weight of the vehicle just makes it impossible to get enough leverage to get a wheel started towards the high side. I had to get mine pulled out, too.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I had an 18yr girl in a dodge pull me out once. Then I got my new tires, straps and am working on a ***** for the hitch..... Never again ;)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I had an 18yr girl in a dodge pull me out once. Then I got my new tires, straps and am working on a ***** for the hitch..... Never again ;)
I am very curious to read more about your winch decision and install when it happens!

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice pictures! Wished i still lived up north. Hollister rocks!

Izzyandsue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uwharrie 7/27/13 - WET day

This is down in the Wolf Den trail, one of the "easy" trails. Everything was going great until one little section that had deep mud ruts and seemed like everyone was going off the trail. Hairy moment, got pulled out by some nice fellows (never leave home without the strap and D-ring).

Took $10 of quarters to spray off all the mud from the wheels and running gear and the car wash. I think the almost bold Conti's had something to do with the lack of traction?

Ordering the Cooper Zeon LTZ's Monday....

Attachments

• IMG_4587.JPG
    IMG_4587.JPG
    237.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4591.JPG
    IMG_4591.JPG
    325 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads