Oh no!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zyrbagan

Reaction score
Last edited:

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh..by the way the torque setting on wheel nuts are 140 Nm (103 lb.ft).

Last edited:

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only 1070 miles, and:

Local tire shop says that can be fixed for $30, will have to take the tire off the wheel and patch from inside. Its a rear wheel.

Question is, should i get a new tire if i can get it under some sort of warranty? And if i do, would it be a good idea to run a brand new tire with no grip at all alongside three tires with 1K miles which should have some grip by now.
Sorry to see that, but I just had one 2 days ago. :) I have 18K on it, I think it will be good for another 3-5K at least... Anyhow, I just took the wheel off and patched it with a standard patching rubber plug from advanced auto parts... I've had it done before - works like a charm...
The only tricky part is to take a wheel off – that is not a sedan for sure, I got tired just jacking it up. :))

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a screw in my left rear tire. Took it to the tire shop and instead of patching it up they inserted a plug. without even removing the wheel. I was in and out in 5 minutes.

Do these plugs last?

rostov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a screw in my left rear tire. Took it to the tire shop and instead of patching it up they inserted a plug. without even removing the wheel. I was in and out in 5 minutes.

Do these plugs last?

Last time I did a patch was like 30 years ago on my bicycle... And what was patched is the tube. I actually not sure if you can just patch the tire, it has to be done special way, don’t remember the word,.. And not sure it is available at just gas station etc.

Plug is standard way to fix nail hole, and in normal conditions on regular tires it will last forever.

Last edited:

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last flat I got repaired they took off the wheel, took the tire of the rim and repaired the hole from the inside with some sort of patch.

This was the first time I got a tire repaired with a plug. It was fast and easy. I even went to the hardware store and got me a plug tire repair kit to carry along when riding my bike.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM