Oil Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Landmark

Reaction score
Is anyone bringing your oil to the dealership or are you using the highly priced "LR4" oil.

Murphy

Reaction score
Is anyone bringing your oil to the dealership or are you using the highly priced "LR4" oil.

FYI - LR USA has a national contract with Castrol for delivering bulk oil to the dealerships. It's really not too "special" - but I do believe it is synthetic.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI - LR USA has a national contract with Castrol for delivering bulk oil to the dealerships. It's really not too "special" - but I do believe it is synthetic.

The oil is "special" and very specific to Jags and new Land Rovers... oh, and by the way, there is no bulk delivery. It is still sent one quart/liter at a time.

Murphy

Reaction score
The oil is "special" and very specific to Jags and new Land Rovers... oh, and by the way, there is no bulk delivery. It is still sent one quart/liter at a time.

No, it's not. I work for Shell Oil and we have a national contract with Jag and LR to deliver bulk Castrol to ALL NA dealerships. This has been in place since the "Ford" days and continues with TATA ownership.
murphy

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it's not. I work for Shell Oil and we have a national contract with Jag and LR to deliver bulk Castrol to ALL NA dealerships. This has been in place since the "Ford" days and continues with TATA ownership.
murphy

I couldn't imagine that not being the case.

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new 5 liter motors take a special "SLX" oil that was designed specifically for that motor... and it's not sent in bulk...

Last edited:

Murphy

Reaction score
The new 5 liter motors take a special "SLX" oil that was designed specifically for that motor... and it's not sent in bulk...

You guys believe what you want to. Next time you are at your LR dealership ask them what distributor services their bulk oil tanks and what oil they put into those tanks. Seems like no one accepts the truth anymore. I only sell thousands of gallons of Castrol a year to Jaguar and LR each year. Better yet.... give your dealer's maintenance shop a call. Ask them. Sure, we also deliver oil in package size (cases and pails) but they purchase and INSTALL from their bulk tanks all the time. Motor oil in bulk, Brake/Hypoid/Diff oil in package.

I'm done arguing. In fact I asked the LR dealership I bought my LR from (Greenville SC) which distributor they use for their Castrol deliveries (Taylor Enterprises out of Spartanburg) which happens to be one of the largest Shell Oil distributor in the southeast. Know them well.
Murphy

Last edited:

PALR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The older motors use bulk oil, but the new 5 liter motors do not... call any dealer and ask them.

Murphy

Reaction score
The older motors use bulk oil, but the new 5 liter motors do not... call any dealer and ask them.

Just ran a quick check and see where most dealers are purchasing SLX 5w20 in 55 gallon drums. There are only a few in the system... but I see where larger markets Dealers do buy in bulk. Funny thing is that i see more Ford dealers purchasing SLX in Bulk than LR and Jag combined due to the Ford spec on the oil. Btw PALR4, I don't have to call.... I'm the regional Lube Analyst for the brand. :hello:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4