On Board Computer-How Accurate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear-I can drive to my office 4.5 miles at 30 MPH for 3 days straight, then take a road trip on the highway for 350 miles at 80 MPH and my computer "average speed" stays right around 31 MPH. Is this normal? How often does the computer recaluculate? Seems mine never reads more than 31 MPH regardless of city or highway driving. My gas mielage as well. Thoughts?:confused:

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear-I can drive to my office 4.5 miles at 30 MPH for 3 days straight, then take a road trip on the highway for 350 miles at 80 MPH and my computer "average speed" stays right around 31 MPH. Is this normal? How often does the computer recaluculate? Seems mine never reads more than 31 MPH regardless of city or highway driving. My gas mielage as well. Thoughts?:confused:

Do you ever reset it? If not, it will just continually calculate over the long haul - if you have 30,000 miles on your car and you've never reset it, it will take a lot more than 4.5 miles to make it change.

-Rich

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM