P*ss poor gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rattlee

Reaction score
I do mostly city driving and maybe about 20-30% highway driving.

My stats: ( via Road Trip on the iPhone ) generally anywhere between 14 - 17
Average: 15.55
Highway: 18.55
I get average about 440.3 Km/Tank

I would recommend Road Trip for keeping track of your car cost service and fuel data.
http://darrensoft.ca/roadtrip/

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
City : 70%, highway: 30%. Average @ 16.6 mpg

DefenderNYC

Reaction score
I just got my LR4 Metropolis last week. Did my first 100 miles trip.
I was scared as hell about the terrible MPG stories I read in this forum.
Well I had an astonishing 19.8 average.
If you want to increase MPG I think these are the 2 best tips I can give you:
A) use the instant fuel indicator as much as possible. This will help to balance acceleration and consumption. As a rule of thumb I accelerate keeping the instant fuel above 14mpg.
b) the LR4 cunsumes a lot of fuel not because of an old style engine but because is heavy as hell. Hence if you ride on an incline in the highway try to have a constant steady speed below 60mph.

These too tips alone will get you 3-4 miles better.
Feedback welcome

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took my first long road trip and was pleasantly surprised to see I was getting 20.1 mpg. That is per the truck computer. I think it might actually be a little bit higher i do the actual mileage and long division. Ha. Trip was a little over 300 miles and probably averaged 75 mph.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where you drive also matters a lot. Living in, pretty flat, Central Florida we easily knock down 20-23 on the highway @ 70-75 MPH with our LR3. We visited family in Tallahassee and our MPG dropped to a dismal 16-18 MPG at the same speeds. The tranny liked to downshift a lot on the hills. Never really experienced that here in Orlando.

*MPG calculated by hand and tank is filled to the tip top each time*

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took my first long road trip and was pleasantly surprised to see I was getting 20.1 mpg. That is per the truck computer. I think it might actually be a little bit higher i do the actual mileage and long division. Ha. Trip was a little over 300 miles and probably averaged 75 mph.

Thats a fast trip!! 75mph average on a 300 mile trip is very high.

Anyway, you'll probably get anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 less mpg if you calculate it yourself.

LRnewbie11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a fast trip!! 75mph average on a 300 mile trip is very high.

Anyway, you'll probably get anywhere from 1.5 to 2.5 less mpg if you calculate it yourself.

Yeah probably right. It just seemed that way when I looked at the numbers and tried to do it in my head. Still very happy with it.

DonMitsu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got 13.8MPG on a weekend trip (no trailer) this is the best gas mileage yet.

lexman34

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got 13.8MPG on a weekend trip (no trailer) this is the best gas mileage yet.

My BEST was 16.1 on a full tank of gas on an all highway trip. I use an app that tracks all of the fuel comsumption with MPH and my overall average over 2 years is 11.4. Every gallon of gas has been tracked on my 2010 LR4 since November 2009. I have my salesperson put me on a list to be the FIRST person he calls when the Hybrid 2013 Range is released. It is expected to get 75MPG. Here is a link..http://www.landrover.com/gl/en/lr/about-land-rover/news-overview/2316326/

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now have 700 miles on mine: and the gas mileage continues to improve; now I am @ 18 mpg mixed driving (but no heavy stop-and-go). 93 octane fuel:biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink