P*ss poor gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I have 2400 miles and have been getting 13.5-14.5/gallon. Even on a long road trip ~190 miles, I only got 15.5. I am not driving it aggressively - rather the opposite.

Very disappointed.

One thing that I noticed was the my engine rev's 1500-2000 at highway speeds even when my foot is off the gas pedal.

Could I have a programming issue with the engine or something?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting 18.6 mpg avg. Normal driving conditions. 13.5-14.5 seems pretty low. I would have the dealer check it out.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting an average of 15.5 and that's mostly in town, stop and go driving.

Marty

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a really stupid question... Do you guys just look at the MPG stats on the in-dash computer feature or do you manually calculate the MPG?

I have had my LR4 since February and have 1,600 miles on it, but have never looked at how many MPGs I've been getting.

MottMcfly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a really stupid question... Do you guys just look at the MPG stats on the in-dash computer feature or do you manually calculate the MPG?

I have had my LR4 since February and have 1,600 miles on it, but have never looked at how many MPGs I've been getting.

I'm looking strictly at the dash computer.

Marty

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I am actually calculating which is 1.3 - 1.8 mpg lower than in dash one. Called the dealer. They said they can look at it but have not heard of any obvious issues.

Guys, is there a TSB out there for low gas mileage?

starrover

Reaction score
So, I have 2400 miles and have been getting 13.5-14.5/gallon. Even on a long road trip ~190 miles, I only got 15.5. I am not driving it aggressively - rather the opposite.

Very disappointed.

One thing that I noticed was the my engine rev's 1500-2000 at highway speeds even when my foot is off the gas pedal.

Could I have a programming issue with the engine or something?

OMG - I have very similar gas mileage and I have been driving very conservatively - it goes against my natural desire, but I can't stand to watch the gauge go down!

Mine idles very high, but I have also been experiencing something that I thought I was imagining...but, maybe not, since reading your post. When I begin to accelerate starting in first gear and, I am accelerating very slowly, the car actually revs to over 2000 RPM and holds there all by itself without shifting into 2nd - I can even take my foot off the gas pedal entirely. All of a sudden it shifts. I feel like it does this at higher gears as well but on a less noticeable level since I am already in motion. It is as if the car is overriding me and giving gas without my input.

Does this at all sound like what you are experiencing?

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like there is something wrong. Winter time i was getting 280 miles to a tank. Now i get 300+.

190 miles to a tank means you drive like a lunatic, or there is a Rover issue. jmo of course.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
sounds like there is something wrong. Winter time i was getting 280 miles to a tank. Now i get 300+.

190 miles to a tank means you drive like a lunatic, or there is a Rover issue. jmo of course.

Who said anything about 190 miles to the tank?

tmgeneral

Reaction score
I would get your vehicle checked out. I have 1500 miles on my LR4 and just finished a weekend trip that was 500 miles of highway and city driving. I averaged 18.5 per gallon.

I know this is a stupid question, but are you using premium fuel?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV