PDC Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having a weird PDC issue on my 11.

Yesterday the PDC hung up while pulling out of a parking spot at my local REI and then afterwords the system would not work. Figured it was just some dirt on the sensor as its been raining here for days and everything is pretty dusty dirty. Once home I and wiped down all the sensors. Start car and test PDC... everything is then fine.

Fast forward to tonight... Im back in the rig and from the start the sensors error out again. Is this a sign that a sensor is going or gone bad? Did a bit of searching but can't find anything. :ahhhhh:

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is probably a sensor going bad. This happened a couple of times on my LR3. Dealer had some way to determine which sensor was bad and replaced it under warranty.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled some codes today with the IID tool. Both going to ground... checking fuse now. :stupid:

IMG_0140_zpsuk1agu0c.png
[/URL]

Last edited:

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... doesn't appear to be any fuses for the system. Codes spell the death of or a problem with the PDC control module as I highly doubt its both the harnesses at the same time. :frown:

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-14%20at%203.48.29%20PM_zpsqxzylgvi.png
[/URL]

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give it a few more days to make sure it's not some rainwater that somehow penetrated the housing and/or wiring and is shorting out one or more of your sensors. If that's the case, the problem may "evaporate" on its own eventually, without you replacing a thing.

From recollection, the rear side panel has one recessed screw, then you pretty much pull it until it snaps off its many retaining clips.

Last edited:

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Give it a few more days to make sure it's not some rainwater that somehow penetrated the housing and/or wiring and is shorting out one or more of your sensors. If that's the case, the problem may "evaporate" on its own eventually, without you replacing a thing.

From recollection, the rear side panel has one recessed screw, then you pretty much pull it until it snaps off its many retaining clips.

I also considered this. The car and environment have been dry for about 48 hours now and still the same. Will report back later this week.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: The issue has become a bit intermittent. Sometimes working and sometimes not... with in seconds of each other. Kinda random how it happens. Starting to look like its now a short. :ahhhhh:

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update 2: The system finally started working normally. It's been working for a little over a week.... And then I washed the car. Immediately afterword the system goes to ground etc. So... Somewhere water is getting into the system. Where should I start looking???

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM