Pinion Seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

floridarover

Reaction score
I need to replace the pinion seal in my front diff. However, for a '95 Disco 1 there are two possibilities according to Rovers North and Atlantic British. They said that it depends on the axel number. Rovers North said that I could find the axel number on the top of the housing next to the vent. I did not find anything, anywhere. I wiped the entire housing down and did not find a number stamped anywhere. Is there another way to determine which pinion seal I need? Joey? Chongo? Any suggestions?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Normally located on the short tube, cant remember which side it on, but you need to do some rust removal to find it.

floridarover

Reaction score
Found it. Wow, that was like a treasure hunt. It is on the long tube on both axles. It is a little hard to read, or maybe I am getting old. Anyway, I wasn't looking for little dots that formed numbers, I thought it would be a small set of "stamped" numbers. I guess even the little things entertain me now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4