Placed my order tonight!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be. I haven't read the details but from the conversation with my sales guy I remember the following. I'll be confirming this before I sign on the dotted line. I think there are different options but I am going for the max.
- just under $4K
- essentially doubles the time/miles of the original coverage
- includes the "we will come get you" which I learned last week does not apply when you are off-road meaning not on a road with a legitimate business or residential address. So if you break down in Utah's maze you will need to get yourself to a proper road
- I am doing the Land Rover package.

I figure even with the cost the total package for my LR4 Lux, etc will be well under the 80K for a Land Cruiser. But as I said, I will read it over this next week before I settle.

Congrats on getting yours moved up. Maybe they were being a bit conservative when they gave us the planned dates so as not to disappoint. They need to have the parts, then build them and then ship them. There are probably a lot of things the can cause a delay in that process. My dealer provided me with the planned factory dates a couple weeks after my order went through. I, therefore, had the "last change date", start and complete factory dates (which were only about 4 days apart and I think it generally takes less time to build) and the planned delivery date which was almost 2 months later. I suspect the improvement in the dates for me was due either to availability of shipping capacity or realizing that they didn't need the cushion they had built into their plan. In any case, 2 weeks, Baby!

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too am going to get the Land Rover extended warranty. It will cover me to 7 years/100,000 miles. As Dan said, it's under $4k.

I am also considering the wheel and tire protection package. I got the Black package with the painted wheels on my LR4. I foresee needing to replace one or more of them when they get scuffed. The plan covers cosmetic damage. Does anyone else have a plan like that? Has it payed off?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not too familiar with LR Extended Warranty Program. If it is anything like BMW, you should wait until the normal warranty is about to expire. With the BMW Extended, you pay the same price if you purchase it up front or if you purchase it the day before your normal one expires.

The benefit is that if you completely total your vehicle before the extended warranty period kicks in, you are not out of that money. Also if for whatever reason you decide to sell prior to the extended warranty period, you dont lose out on that money.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not too familiar with LR Extended Warranty Program. If it is anything like BMW, you should wait until the normal warranty is about to expire. With the BMW Extended, you pay the same price if you purchase it up front or if you purchase it the day before your normal one expires.

Great point! My understanding is that it doesn't kick in until after the original warranty and that if you don't use it you can get your money back. But I also seem to remember a comment about being able to buy it later. I don't know what that does to its cost. Some people may like to bundle it into their loan. I won't be financing so I didn't ask. But that is something I am going to check. PV vs FV and all that. If in fact they allow me to wait and if the price won't change significantly then why pay now what I won't use for 4 years.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer said that the Land Rover warranty has to be purchased within 15 months/15,000 miles. I don't know if that was true or just a sales tactic. The dealer sells a 3rd party warranty for owners that are beyond that window. The same coverage as the Land Rover warranty costs a lot more through the 3rd party company. I was quoted over $5k for the 3rd party protection plan to 7 years/100,000 miles.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would definitely ask around about that 15mo/15k mi. That could be a shady sales tactic for sure.

It is true, however, that you do not want your normal warranty to lapse before purchasing the extended. BMW also would not honor this. (Prevents people from waiting for an issue to crop up, then purchasing)

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I will of course ask for documentation before signing up for anything.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geico's extended warranty program is the same - should be purchased before 15 months or 15,000 miles.

FYI, not all extended warranty programs offered by franchised LR dealers are backed by LRNA. There was an old thread at the RR forum about a poster complaining that a third party warranty he purchased from an LR dealer was useless. LRNA told him they have no control over warranties sold by their dealers.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will only be considering the LRNA extended warranty.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac