Selling LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My app says GAP Diagnostics. (?)

It has been working well when it's connected. It started having more and more trouble connecting (I use it once every many months, sometimes over a year) and the last time it would not connect at all. Then it hit me that I had never updated the unit since I had bought it (many years). Once I did that, the issue went away.

duncanator

Reaction score
I recently needed to replace the aux battery as well as replace the rear brakes and rotors so I ended up buying the iLand tool from atlantic british. It seemed to work well enough for those purposes and even though it was $400, I still saved another $400 by doing it myself.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also don’t forget that when you come to sell the landy you can also sell the IIDtool as well and claw back some cash that way.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's cliche to say, but if you are asking whether you can afford the IID tool then you can't afford to not have it. If money is an issue, the IID tool saves you a ton in the long run.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I say this as an owner that due to mileage, use, and luck has gotten relatively little use out of it. So far, I believe I've only used it for service interval resets, new battery and voltage checks, and checking for status, faults, and other curiosities.

I am in the same boat as far as actual usage. However I can't take the moral high ground in urging others to buy this because it took me 12 years from my first RR to get one myself. Even then it was mostly because a good friend sold his to me for a great price. Now that I've got it, I'm glad to have it. Knock wood it stays put in the glove box!

Seabassjfr

Reaction score
I would consider it just like insurance, you dont really want ever to use it but, for your inner peace you are hedging against any situation.

I haven't bought it yet since i purchase my LR4 last month, but is on my weekly TO do list.

Any other links are much appreciated.

@Fields Carlisle did you sell yours already? if not, ill do the favor to take it away from you.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut