Portable Air Pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear, Trynian.

How long per tire? Those 3-4 minute per tire quotes from the cheaper pumps seemed kind of long. I'd hate to sit there for 15-20 minutes pumping tires, but don't know if I can approach the speeds of the fixed compressors they usually have at beach ramps and such. It seems like I'm only at each tire for 30 seconds or so.

On a related topic, how do the Adjustable deflators work?
This set any good?
Amazon.com: CSI C59000 Adjustable Tire Deflator - Set of 4: Automotive

Last edited by a moderator:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Staun deflators, set at 30 psi (I figured that's a good compromise pressure for my RRS on most surfaces where I need to air down...) Whoever invented them was a genius! Small, they deflate tires very fast and are well built, will probably last me forever. It took a little bit of time to adjust to where I wanted them (I think they came adjusted at 35 from the factor and adjusting them is not an exact science), but now it takes me a minute to deflate all four tires to exactly the same pressure.

PS: Don't know about the above set and brand, they look very similar to the Stauns and seem a bit cheaper.

Trynian

Reaction score
Good to hear, Trynian.

How long per tire? Those 3-4 minute per tire quotes from the cheaper pumps seemed kind of long. I'd hate to sit there for 15-20 minutes pumping tires, but don't know if I can approach the speeds of the fixed compressors they usually have at beach ramps and such. It seems like I'm only at each tire for 30 seconds or so.

On a related topic, how do the Adjustable deflators work?
This set any good?
Amazon.com: CSI C59000 Adjustable Tire Deflator - Set of 4: Automotive

Depends on the tire size and how how low you deflate and how high you inflate to.

I go from 28 to 45 psi with 265/65/18 tire and it takes about 3 minutes per tire. Easy to add a portable tank also if wanted.

The deflators look just like my smitty built set also and well worth it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4