Potential group buy - gauging interest: Headlight protction film / Roof glass film

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone - I am good friends with the gent who owns Lamin-X protection films.

Site - http://www.lamin-x.com/

I know for a fact he offers headlight protection films for the LR3, but am inquiring into a sheet application for the LR3 roof glass. If he could make this, would anyone be interested in doing a group buy to save some coin? I am thinking that the usual group buy number of 10+ will be needed.

Perhaps to sweeten the deal I also ask him to include the option of a head light protection option as well.

What say you?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of those films turn brown over a couple of years and reduce the amount of light passing thru them.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most (if not all) glass insurance covers the alpine roof panel. BTW - you should especially be certain you have this policy option if you have the heated windshield.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the films turn brown due to heat, that may be a non-issue with the HIDs.

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most (if not all) glass insurance covers the alpine roof panel. BTW - you should especially be certain you have this policy option if you have the heated windshield.

This is not entirely true. It is certainly covered, but upon speaking with my insurance (State Farm), the glass division referred me back to standard claims once they learned it was the roof glass element. This was a bit of a PITA.

The rep will be here tomorrow to inspect it. I'll post my the final direction as soon as I know more.

As for the group buy, I think the added protection would be good for off-roading.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the film on my headlights. All I can say is that they never turned brown, and I never cracked a headlight :)

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of those films turn brown over a couple of years and reduce the amount of light passing thru them.

I have had film on my cars for years. Never turned brown. More good info from Mike:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72