Previous Loaner Vehicle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have found a LR4 HSE Lux with every option that I want. It's a 2013 MY and has been dealer maintained its entire life.

Only problem is I believe its previous life was being a loaner vehicle for an exotic car dealership. It looks well taken care off in the pictures I have received, minus some curb rash on the wheels.

I won't buy it without a good pre buy from a LR dealership, but what do you guys think? It has about 95,000 miles on it. I'm not even sure what it's worth.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no reason to not consider it. you may not get 200k miles out of it but certainly another 50k to 100k.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replace loaner with "rental". Now would you still consider it? If you can get the entire service history it's likely a good read. I just can't get comfortable with a car that's had likely hundreds of drivers versus a select few. It scares me off.

ttforcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most people who own and drive exotics are not pounding on a l4r atleast amongst my group of friends

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just takes that one or two to mess it up. "drive it like you stole it"

I was talking to a tow truck driver once upon a time and he told me about a $60k f150 that was a loaner that he had to pull out of a field. It only takes that one.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you own an exotic you're not beating on an LR4. It's not that much fun to flog an LR4 anyway.

As for getting the Discovery Sport loaner airborne over speed bumps with my kids hysterical, that is another story.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I'm probably going to look at the car soon. I know I drive loaners/rentals like I stole it, so I'm skeptical. I'll probably end of low balling an offer and see how it goes. I was thinking the same thing as far as people who own exotics are not going to beat on it too much, but you never know.

Probably going to offer less than 20k, it's a HSE Lux with every single option, 95k miles. I guess we'll see.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for getting the Discovery Sport loaner airborne over speed bumps with my kids hysterical, that is another story.

LOL - exactly. I'm not saying that it's surely been a beat down but why would you need a loaner at an exotic place? Probably because you broke your exotic car in the first place hooning it. Exotic car != exotic person. ;)

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99