ProSpeed Ladder - 4 hour install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a quick pic @iSurfvilano I actually like the additional step. I'm 6'2" and don't really have any issues using the upper step first however having the additional one actually works to just give me a little extra boost. The angle at the top looks a little off in the pic, it's pretty flat though.

Thanks @atlantaM3 I thought about Rhino Lining the ladder due to the rust issues, however, I just decided to keep an eye on it. We'll see how it does here in Colorado.

View attachment 7404
I'm here in CO as well. I was going to put mine on today until I read your post. I only had a 2-hour window. Could you take a picture of steps 1-8 for me? My dog ate my instruction sheets. only the last page with 9-15 survived.

DirtyHal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone run into an issue with the t30 torx bolts? I went to undo mine but they just spin freely...

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone run into an issue with the t30 torx bolts? I went to undo mine but they just spin freely...
Are these the bolts for the license plate area? Its been a few years since I installed mine. I vaguely recall having an issue, send a picture to jog my memory.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It happened with one of mine. The bolt was rusted into its threaded sleeve--which is threaded into plastic on the handle assembly. Only solution was to remove the whole handle and use channel locks on the sleeve while turning with the T30.

Good news is that the sleeve will screw back into the handle once you get the nut(s) out.

DirtyHal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It happened with one of mine. The bolt was rusted into its threaded sleeve--which is threaded into plastic on the handle assembly. Only solution was to remove the whole handle and use channel locks on the sleeve while turning with the T30.

Good news is that the sleeve will screw back into the handle once you get the nut(s) out.[/QUOTE

The yellow bolts (and one nut) spin in place and the green ones are the ones that came out.

Anyone have any tips for what to try next?

CAC67F62-2984-47CC-B1B3-18733ED6E66D.jpeg

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Keep turning counter clock wise and the sleeves will release from the handle assembly. You then remove the handle assembly and will have to remove the sleeves from the stuck bolts and one nut.

I honestly do not know another way to do it.

DirtyHal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. Keep turning counter clock wise and the sleeves will release from the handle assembly. You then remove the handle assembly and will have to remove the sleeves from the stuck bolts and one nut.

I honestly do not know another way to do it.
Oh ok, so you’re saying if I loosen all of those boots the handle assembly will remove regardless because the sleeves will detach from the assembly? Seems odd but I’ll give it a go.

machmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other posters are correct I had the exact same thing happen. Make sure you use metric drill bits not standard to get the correct fitting when it comes to the drilling portion.

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, so you’re saying if I loosen all of those boots the handle assembly will remove regardless because the sleeves will detach from the assembly? Seems odd but I’ll give it a go.

Exactly. I wish I took a picture to help illustrate better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72