Purchasing advice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R Hermann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am oh-so-close to buying a new LR4 Landmark and am wondering if any of you have any advice on the purchase (or lease?) process, specifically if the dealers are negotiating much on price or adding incentives. Obviously depends on the dealer and their inventory, etc. but if folks are getting inventory pricing or anything like that elsewhere it would help to know.

The LR4 put such a smile on my face at the dealership I can imagine keeping it for years. I've never leased a vehicle but am willing to explore that route, especially with the rapidly evolving vehicle tech market.

Thanks!

Forty Deuce

Reaction score
The only advice I can really offer you is to locate a dealer through Costco.com. They knocked off a nice $1000 right off the bat for that.

R Hermann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good advice, and info. Thanks!

For others who may read this, USAA has a buying service which suggests ~$1,800 off of a ~$65,000 MSRP.

I don't know how much reimbursement the dealerships get from those services, but that let's us know the negotiation can happen. Finding someone willing to make the deal may be difficult as USAA has no dealerships near me.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When we ordered our red 2013 I was able to get $1000 off sticker price. At the time, there was only 1 HSE-LUX in inventory with HD pack so it had to be ordered. Now that LR4 production is over, you should be able to negotiate $1500 off an LR4 on the lot.

If you go new, also negotiate any dealer installed accessories such as roof rails and side molding. They are usually marked up double the actual cost.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R Herman, I see your dilemma over a used or new LR4.

If you can find the following "unicorn" LR4 then IMHO you will have the best LR4 you can get:
- 2012 or 2013 with lower mileage
- Well maintained, preferably at a dealer
- No accidents
- HSE LUX. Memory seats, better leather, better radio, cooler box, nicer interior lighting.
- HD pack if going off road in tougher conditions. But not mandatory. Low gear will work just fine in most conditions and you can easily add a full size spare.

I'm in Boston and when I replaced our LR3 last year, I searched nationwide and found my 2013 "unicorn" LR4 at a dealer in Chicago. I had my local Land Rover dealer buy it, ship it and CPO it for an additional $1800. (Shipping was $300 & CPO was $1500) Now it's under CPO warranty until 100K miles.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
R Herman, I see your dilemma over a used or new LR4.

If you can find the following "unicorn" LR4 then IMHO you will have the best LR4 you can get:
- 2012 or 2013 with lower mileage
- Well maintained, preferably at a dealer
- No accidents
- HSE LUX. Memory seats, better leather, better radio, cooler box, nicer interior lighting.
- HD pack if going off road in tougher conditions. But not mandatory. Low gear will work just fine in most conditions and you can easily add a full size spare.

I'm in Boston and when I replaced our LR3 last year, I searched nationwide and found my 2013 "unicorn" LR4 at a dealer in Chicago. I had my local Land Rover dealer buy it, ship it and CPO it for an additional $1800. (Shipping was $300 & CPO was $1500) Now it's under CPO warranty until 100K miles.

So.. I need a decal "Unicorn Edition". Everyone else has these editions...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99