Questions about 2013 vs. 2010 differences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes my 2012 has that view. It also has an exit view that shows you the businesses at that exit.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, I always wanted to ask... Do 2010-2012s have this junction view (indicating which and how many lanes you may travel on when approaching a freeway or highway interchange)? It's not fancy like a Garmin, but I find the lane info very useful - and very accurate - when you approach certain complicated interchanges with 8 or 9 lanes funneling into 2 or 3 different highways.

Satnavdisplay.jpg

That is a neat feature I look forward to on the NAV system of our 2013 LR4. We never got to use the NAV system on our Discovery 4 here in Panama because it didn't come loaded with Central America maps. :mad:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've already seen one change from 2010 to 2013 with the Sat Radio that I'm very unhappy with - unless I'm doing it wrong. On my 2010 I could use the steering wheel controls to tab through all of 18 of my channel presets continuously from one page to the next. On the 2013 it seems to only tab through the six presets of a particular page. Do I really have to touch the Sat Radio touch screen button, select the next Sat "band" to get through the next six presets? This is a huge inconvenience, unless I'm missing a setting somewhere.

Press and HOLD the Mode button to jump across SA1, SAT2 and SAT3 memory banks, then use the |<< and >>| buttons to move through the 6 presets on that bank.

Last edited:

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much. I knew I missed something when I gave the owners handbook a quick read.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't "stream" much, 99% of the times I listen to the music library in my hardwired, trusty iPod Classic permanently residing under the armrest lid of the LR4. It is a bit of a pain to disconnect it when I want to stream something from my Android phone via BT, but that doesn't happen very often for me. Overall, I'm happy with my setup. :proud: I am sure that enhancements of the infotainment system in future model years will include separate inputs for Bluetooth and iPod/USB audio, so we won't have to choose which one we want to listen to.
Can someone give me a quick tutorial how to stream music via bluetooth -- I have a Samsung GS3? I have a loaner Evoque currently which I believe has the same system. Just want to play with it a little bit before I have to return the car. :)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's easy. Make sure you don't have an iPod/iPhone hardwired into the system, as that will disable Bluetooth audio streaming. Pair your Galaxy phone to the car as you would normally for phone calls. If the Evoque's system supports that handset, the phone will also pair with the Bluetooth Audio profile enabled. When you want to listen to your phone over Bluetooth, select the Bluetooth input under Audio/Video on the touchscreen and play something on the Galaxy, the sound should be routed through the car's speakers, and depending on the source (Pandora, MP3 files, etc.) you will also get playback info and controls displayed on the touchscreen.

Last edited:

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE]-
- Still no MPH speed display on the TFT screen by default, only km/h. MPH display can be turned on via diagnostics (not by a a dealer, of course, but an indy shop could do it...), I enabled that feature with IIDTool in 10 seconds flat. It's pretty cool, but to be honest you still pay more attention to the analog gauge than the digital speedo.

Umberto,

When you have a minute can you give a more detailed explanation of how to enable the digital readout. I find it hard to see the top of the analog speedometer with the way I have my seat adjusted, so the digital display would be handy. I think I'm going to try to enable it myself, as I haven't found an independent shop in the Boston area. I know it involves buying the IID tool. Thanks.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, if you buy and activate the IIDTool you just scroll the various Car Configuration File options until you find it under IC (Instrument Cluster), enable the MPH digital display and write the modified CCF to the car (you need to follow a specific procedure to do that, but IIDTool will tell you how to do it step by step on the display, it's near impossible to screw it up.) Voila, in no time the digital speed readout will be showing on the right corner of your TFT display.

That is one of only a handful of modifiable CCF options that GAP has enabled in the current version of their LR4-compatible IIDTool firmware, although an upcoming new release should add many more. One I am looking forward to is the Global Close with Remote, which allows you to close all windows with the remote after exiting the car (right now, in North America the CCF is set up to only allow you to open all windows with the remote, not close them...)

Last edited:

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks - I think I'll give it a shot as it sounds idiot-proof. I wish my dealer would do it for me. I still can't figure out why it's disabled by default.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4