really rough ride after installing new Toyo Open Country A/T 3 19"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks all! I’m on stock pressure and the tire shop claims to use a Hunter Hawkeye (which looks camera based). I’m going to lower tire pressure as well as bring it somewhere with a road force machine.

Hunter Hawkeye is an alignment machine...?

Definitely go to a different shop for road force balancing. Around me, it' costs nearly 2x as much, but worth it.

JWLR4

Reaction score
I installed a set of Open Country A/T III 255/60 19 last week and the ride is worlds better than my Open Country H/T and Cooper Zeons.

Wheels where refinished/straightened and the tires were road force balanced on a Hunter.

Your wheels are not balanced correctly.

View attachment 12489

Looks great! Those are the tires I plan to switch to in a couple of weeks. Any issues going to 255/60?

DirtyHal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can also say that I had Open Country A/T III's installed and they were smoother riding than the worn out Nokians they replaced. I have been very happy with the ride and performance thus far.

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any issues going to 255/60?
I upgraded to this size (19 inch wheels) and had no issues. Very very small rub spot in the rear passenger wheel well, but this is only when you're pushing the car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV