Rear Ladder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks ... a friend gave me a rear ladder for my 2003 Disco with no screws or self tapping plugs. Where can I get the mounting screws/plugs to mount it with?

Jaak

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Atlantic British might be able to help you out - just go their website and find their phone number. Give them a call and you will probably find that they are friendly and helpful.

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Expedition Exhchange might be able to help out too...

D

discomike

You might also go to a good auto parts store, show them the ladder and they should be able to set you up also.
Mike

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks ... thanks. I will give them a call later. I don't have the installation paper/diagram and was wondering if there was any additional suport required at the lower mounts of the ladder?

tmiller1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some "Ladder" instructions that I got via an email a while back - this might be helpful:

The ladder requires 4 3/16th holes to be drilled. The easiest thing to do is to slide the ladder on the truck door and position it where you want it. Use a "Sharpie" or any other permanent marker and mark the holes positions right on the truck body. Slide the ladder off. There will be 2 markings on the top of the door and 2 right below your back handle. Drill your holes. Insert the "Jack Nuts" in to the hole and using the bolts provided insert it into the nut. When you do this it acts like a wall molly and the part inserted into the truck expands and is pulled up close. Remove the screw and continue to until all 4 are complete. When done slide the ladder back on and insert the bolts
through the holes in the ladder and you are done and ready to enjoy your ladder.

Most Auto Body Shops do work like this. You can probably find one in your area that would install the ladder for you if you like.

Jaak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tmiller1 ... thanks. I called my dealer and they do sell a ladder installation kit for $28 CDN. I did order it and will get it in a few days. The instructions you posted also help. I have a better understanding of how it works!!!

Jaak Lepson

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635