Rear Seat DVD System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbrover

Reaction score
Another Route. Apple ipod iTouch....

Yes DVD's will be around for sometime, but have you thought about just getting your little ones Apple ipod iTouch. Actually exposes you to more content (tv shows, games,educational apps). I have 3 girls, the youngest being 3.5 and I have found it more flexible than spending all that money that is ******* into one car. Again just a thought from someone that has been there and done that.

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2nd on the "iTouch", as it should be named officially. I bought a used 4GB one for $125 or so from a college student upgrading to an iPhone and gave it to our 5 y.o. daughter before our Asia trip in September. What a hit, and she's better at the controls than my wife is. It's a great device, and we have appropriate software to unlock and convert the DVDs we own to the compressed, lower resolution ipod formats that permit many shows or videos to fit on one device with music and some family photos.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta agree /w these comments; we actually own 1 ipod, and we bought it for our daughter when she was 6 months old. She doesn't actually touch it (she's 2 now), but it sits in her clock-radio for bed time and playtime music, and we have a tiny portable speaker system for when we're travelling. We also pump video out to has an alternative to our DVD system (in our old vehicle, anyway), but I ultimately found DVDs a bit easier - typically, we'd stop by the library before heading on a road trip and pick up various kids movies. We do have a few DVDs loaded onto the iPod but the time required to grab them and put them on was always a pain....

BTW - I just cancelled my headrest order and re-ordered again from the same company. They have a 10% discount that didn't get applied to my order, and this was the easiest way for them to give it to me (I think it has something to do with doing a Paypal transaction - new I should have used VISA!). Still hoping to get the units in time for an install this weekend....

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better than Paypal, use a credit card that extends the factory warranty coverage by double up to one year.

sunlion

Reaction score
I just strap a PSP (Playstation protable) to the back of the headrest for my son who is now 4. I've done 2 3500mile trips between Seattle and Socal in the LR3 and many airlines trips with this.

gtc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bah! Sounds like I'm not doing an install this weekend; called the store to confirm cancellation/re-order and was told that they are actually out of the headrest monitors right now, but should have some in next week. Unfortunately I'm taking off at the end of next week and won't be back in the country until January - write up when I'm back....

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a portable dvd 2yrs ago my 3 yr old likes to hold it and i can strap it to the head rest.
I like the itouch idea. Can you have the Itouch link up to a larger screan?

Last edited:

txAlfa

Reaction score
Bah! Sounds like I'm not doing an install this weekend; called the store to confirm cancellation/re-order and was told that they are actually out of the headrest monitors right now, but should have some in next week. Unfortunately I'm taking off at the end of next week and won't be back in the country until January - write up when I'm back....

That's a shame! I was hoping to to hear how it went so I could make a decision in time for a Christmas surprise gift. Unfortunately the same place never returned my email and I keep forgetting to call during business hours to see if they will give me dimensions.

I like the idea of iTouch or PsP, but I think we would wait until our kids are older for that. My biggest fear is that they fall asleep and drop it, it falls against the door and then it falls out and breaks on the ground when i open the door because i forgot all about it...this is my luck...this would happen.:frown:

mustbeaudi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"they fall asleep and drop it, it falls against the door and then it falls out and breaks on the ground when i open the door because i forgot all about it...this is my luck"

Whatever you do - please, don't give a moose a muffin!

pbrover

Reaction score
Dropping Apple itouch

The cases they make for Apple itouches really make this a moot point. Drop by an Apple store and you will see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV