Reduced engine performance??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK so I searched the forum about this and seems like it could be the MAFS but got in my truck today and it wouldn't start! It acted like the battery was dead and wouldn't turn over. I don't know why but I was in disbelief ( I just got the thing a month ago) so I just kept turning it to off an then turning it back on and it decided to start after about 15 times but as I was driving I noticed the reduced engine performance message and my engine light was on.. any ideas before I take it to the dealer? It drove normal all the way home I try to save gas so I don't drive fast. I didn't notice any lack of performance but the not starting up scares me.

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
The fact that you just got it means that it could very likely be a bad battery since you have no idea how old it is. Sometimes they only last a few years. When a battery is on it's way out all kinds of faults get thrown. In fact when any thing goes wrong on an LR3 you can expect faults that are completely unrelated. Go get it tested and take it from there.

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe i'll go to autozone and have them test my battery... or if thats good i'll get them to check was code it's giving for my engine light... thanks

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's likely the battery. My mother's Disco 2 likes to eat batteries. And it's not like you get a warning either. They just go. At the worst times - like at a gas station on Christmas Eve.

Turning the car on and off 15-times probably set off your fault btw - the sensors don't know the difference between a human being turning the ignition on and off 15-times or something else. It probably did its job.

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i went to pep boys to have my battery checked and they said my battery was fine and that i probably had an interior light left on... thats BS .... well I guess i'll need to have they dearler take a look next time it happens, for now its fine with no fault or engine light so all is good.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i went to pep boys to have my battery checked and they said my battery was fine and that i probably had an interior light left on... thats BS .... well I guess i'll need to have they dearler take a look next time it happens, for now its fine with no fault or engine light so all is good.

Yeah, not sure about the interior light thing. Did you jump start and did you hear the alternator hum for a bit meaning the battery was really low, now recharging?

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope never jump started it, I turned it about 3 times then on the fourth time it sounded like it wanted to started so I kept trying and it just started on like the 15th time... but it showed the fault along with the engine light.. It seemed to drive normal on the way home so I planned to get the battery checked the next day.. when I got in the car to drive to pep boys there was no fault and no engine light and the battery checked out fine...?!?!??? I've only had it a month and it is very quirky but this site has been helpful to explain some of them so thanks to all that have replied

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635