Regular maintenance... what have I forgotten?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are some commonly overlooked maintenance things for the Disco 1. I'm approaching 100k miles and I've done a lot of the basics; oil changes, transmission fluid, coolant, shocks, spark plugs... Is there any super important maintenance thing I might have forgotten or not known about for a Rover?

lowwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im also new but I changed out the fuel filter, diff fluids, transfer case fluid, drive belt, check(grease) or replace u-joints, brake fluid, and power steering fluid. check exhaust system(loose bolts, leaks) just general inspection. good luck

discoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might want to inspect the wheel bearings and races for wear. If no wear, it's always good to put fresh grease in there periodically anyways.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Spark Plug Wires, as well as what lowwill and discoman have said. May even want to drop the oil pan to check for sludge.

Fix any rust issues that may be starting around tail lights, back door/wheel well area, alpine windows, Check and/or replace batter terminals, Check the swivel seals, you mentioned shocks, I presume you have done the steering stabilizer, eventually you will need to change the bushings (all of them), but the panhard rod would be my priority.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM