Removing 3rd Row Seat Belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JangoSW

Reaction score
Does anyone have a guide on how to remove the bottom bolts on the seatbelts?
Thx
Sean

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 5.01.46 PM.png

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's a t-50 torx head. Just unbolt them.

I did this and then tucked them through the trim slot where they feed from and left the other hidden bolt in place in case I ever put the 3rd row back in the truck.

JangoSW

Reaction score
I think it's a t-50 torx head. Just unbolt them.

I did this and then tucked them through the trim slot where they feed from and left the other hidden bolt in place in case I ever put the 3rd row back in the truck.

Seems like I need to remove the carpet layer above it? The bolt is hard to get to directly. Am I wrong?
thanks

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I had already started drinking for Saturday night. ;)

yes, you do need to remove the two flat pieces on either side of the cargo area. Remove the factory tie down points also with a t-50 bit, and they will then unclip with a little upward pressure.

You will then see the seat belt bolts.

JangoSW

Reaction score
Thanks avslash. T50 worked great. Got my belts through the new speaker pillars.

IMG_0793.JPG

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a guide on how to remove the bottom bolts on the seatbelts?

Tell me more about the cargo nets on either side of the loadspace, especially the one on the passenger side. I always wondered about the purpose of that indent there. Are the nets a custom bolt-on job? Never noticed them in the accessories catalog but may have missed them.

JangoSW

Reaction score
Hey just wondering are those OEM boot rubber mat. I’ve been wondering if they made an OEM one for the boot because I have the regular floor mats that go where the passengers sit. How much did it cost if you remember.

I think that's the OEM cargo mat you see.

JangoSW

Reaction score
Tell me more about the cargo nets on either side of the loadspace, especially the one on the passenger side. I always wondered about the purpose of that indent there. Are the nets a custom bolt-on job? Never noticed them in the accessories catalog but may have missed them.
Here is one of the holders that I removed to get access to the seatbelt bolt. The carpet area lifts out enough to get the rachet in there.

IMG_0792.JPG

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that's the OEM cargo mat you see.

yes it is. I didn’t know they made one but I will definitely purchase it now that I can match the whole set. By the way how’s the sound system and speakers fitting going. Hope my advice on the previous forum helped you.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99